Chapter 10

The pic on the side is of Emily, who you will meet later.

"Natalie." Spencer groans.

I can picture him through the shut door. He's sitting on the floor I bet, his hands resting against it with his forehead, desperate for some type of reply from me.

please. It's been three hours. You can't hide in there for the next nine months."

I move closer to the door and rest my forehead against the middle, more than likely in the same exact spot he's in.

"It's not nine months, Spencer."

I hear him sigh.

"Natalie, I don't care that you had cancer. We all have it somewhere in our genes. We can't protect them from everything. We're having a baby. Together. I'm happy, baby. I'm not leaving. We're together forever. We have a lot to talk about. Please come out."

"I'm scared, Spence." I whisper. "What if something goes wrong. I don't know if I'm ready to be a Mom. Spencer, I'm scared. I don't want to raise your children where...where my life was shitty. I don't know why we moved here in the first place."

"So let's move." He says. "I mean, a lot of things have happened here. We got lost as sea, you almost died..." he trails off. "We can move anywhere."

"Where do you want to go?" I whisper.

He's silent for a moment.

"I miss home." He whispers.

"So we can go back to California." I say.

"Where though? Not Malibu."

"I passed through this town once called Antelope and it was gorgeous, Spencer."

"So we can go there. Will you open the door now?" he asks.

Slowly, I reach up and unlock the door and the pull it open.

Spencer stands up and scoops me off of the floor.

****

"No." I say, irritated. It's been two months of house hunting. I'm four months now, I'm showing a little bit and I'm very grumpy.

"Well what's wrong with it?" Spencer asks patiently.

"It's ugly. I don't like it." I say stubbornly.

"Okay." He says.

We're at his Mom's house.

Everyone decided that if we're moving with the baby, then they're following us.

"Spencer," I begin, angry, but then I gasp and grab his hand and force it onto my belly.

"What?" he asks. "What's wrong?" he demands.

And then the baby kicks his hand.

"Oh my gosh!" he says.

The baby has been moving for a month and I've been the only one to feel it.

It's been pissing Spencer off beyond words.

For him to finally feel his baby, he looks so happy.

"Oh my gosh." He puts both hands on my belly now, showing the laptop onto the coffee table. He turns to me fully.

The baby doesn't do it again though.

He huffs quietly and grabs the laptop again.

"I wanna feel." Justice says.