I stared at him dumbfounded as I took the envelope in my hands. "You've already given me this whole farm."

"That was different. We were different."

I pulled the parchment free of the envelope. I read the writing. My eyes widened. I must have read it wrong. I scanned the page again once, twice..."

"Tommy," I breathed. "What the fuck?"

He stayed calm, but I could see the smile in his eyes. "I spoke to my brothers, and Pol. We were all in agreement."

"Fifty percent?" I exclaimed. "Fifty fucking percent of Shelby Company Limited?"

"And a post-nuptial arrangement," he said. "If anything were to go wrong between us, you walk away with all your assets intact, and full entitlement to mine."

I was lost for words. "I don't want you saving me," I finally managed.

Tommy scoffed. "As if you'd ever give me the chance. Sweetheart, I don't want that hanging over your head. I know I hurt you in the past. I want you to know you're not dependent on me, or anyone." He kissed my hand. "We're sharing stables and racecourses now. Michael tells me legal profits almost tripled while you were running things for your father. You've earned it, love."

I took a deep breath, forcing myself not to cry. "Before I sign this, there's something we need to talk about," I said shakily.

Tommy nodded. "Let's go for a walk," he said.

We went out to the paddocks, heading towards the stables. A familiar sight caught my eye in the closest paddock.

"Glimmer," I said, registering the white mare. My heart swelled upon seeing her, then I registered a black horse trotting to her side, nickering at her affectionately. "Is that..."

"It is." Tommy slipped his hand into my own as we walked. "He suffered a ligament injury in the last race. I think they're glad to be back together."

I came to a stop. I couldn't put it off any longer.

"Love, what is it?" Tommy held me by the shoulders.

"Tommy... I'm pregnant."

He stared at me for a moment. I met his eyes, but his face betrayed nothing. The silence stretched out before us.

"...A baby?" He finally asked, quiet, in disbelief.

I nodded. "My cycle's gone. Polly says it's why I've been sick."

His brow twitched together. "A baby?" He asked again.

"Yes."

He stepped back, running his hand across his face, pausing at his jaw. "We're having a baby," he murmured. "Our baby."

"Please don't be angry," I whispered.

He smiled. A quiet laugh. "Angry?" He asked, wrapping me in his arms. "We're having a baby, Mrs Shelby. How could I be fucking angry?"

"We're going through with it, then?" I asked in his arms. "Polly said we have options."

He pulled back slightly, running his thumb across my lip. "Do you want to go through with it?" He asked quietly.

I nodded. "I love you. I can't wait for us to be a family."

"Then it's settled." He kissed me. "A fucking baby," he mused. "Running round the farm with us. I'm gonna be a dad."

We kissed again, and he lifted me off my feet and spun me round. Even as we pulled away, I could see the happiness and excitement on Tommy's face.

"Now, let's go sign this fucking paperwork before I have to leave," he said.

"You robbing or killing today?" I asked.

"Neither." He kept an arm wrapped around me as we headed back to the house. "I'm off to London to send a shipment of alcohol to North America."

"You're not racing horses anymore?" I asked in surprise.

"There's a lot I'll catch you up on, love," he said.

"Well, keep yourself safe," I told him. "There's two of us you'll come home to now. Three if we get that dog."

His arm tightened around me. "Believe me, I wish I'd never mentioned the bloody dog," he said. He kissed me on the forehead. "How lucky am I, eh? A baby, and a wife who doesn't beg me to stay home."

"A wife that would be coming with you, were it not for everything that needs sorting on the farm," I told him.

"While you're pregnant? Not a chance. I'd be forcing Arthur and John to act as your bodyguards when I'm not here, if I didn't need their help. Wouldn't trust anyone else." He thought for a moment. "Wouldn't even trust them."

"You're being silly," I told him.

"Got to keep you safe."

He didn't say the following words, but they lingered between us, unspoken and threatening.

Sabini's still out there.