Chapter 55

"I shouldn't be here

"I shouldn't be here."

Tommy's eyes raked me up and down as he closed the front door behind us. "Your men know we're in talks about Cheltenham."

"I don't trust any of them. Not anymore."

He lit a cigarette as he led me into the living room. "How many of them know where you are?"

"Just the driver."

Tommy stopped dead in his tracks. He exhaled smoke in a puff of frustration. "Nobody else? Not a bodyguard? Not even a fucking bookie?"

I lifted my chin. "Is that a problem?"

"You're on Sabini's hit list, and here you are wandering around without a care in the world."

"I was under the impression you needed to see me quite urgently," I glowered.

His eyes were cool as he answered. "I hadn't heard from you. Had to check you're alright."

"I could have just replied to your letter."

He raised his eyebrows. "Then why didn't you? Why come all the way here?"

Butterflies fluttered unexpectedly in my navel. "Because I believe I have something of yours," I said quietly. "Handcuffs I need to return."

"I see." His cheekbones and jaw caught the lamp light perfectly, highlighting every bone and shadow. "And you brought them with you?"

"Yes," I whispered.

He reclined in his chair, finishing his cigarette. "Hand them over then, Kimber."

I sank slowly to my knees on the floor in front of him. His eyes followed me all the way down, flashing with desire. I placed my palms on his knees, and his jaw clenched.

"Won't your brothers be home soon?" I asked.

"Not for about six hours," Tommy said, his voice cutting clear through the silent room. "Not until morning."

I leaned forward, my fingertips trailing up his thighs. His chest rose with each breath. "That must get lonely," I murmured. My nails scratched softly against his trousers.

His face stayed impassive as he continued to watch me. "You have no idea."

"You work so hard." My fingers ran across the leather of his belt. I slowly pushed against the buckle. "I think you need to relax more."

"Tell me, Kimber. How am I meant to relax with you unbuckling my belt?"

I loosened the buckle and pulled the leather free. "Deep breaths," I suggested. "Count to ten."

He gave a short chuckle of amusement. I slipped the button of his trousers free, and slowly, torturously, pulled down the zip. Tommy's breathing became more laboured. Frustration pooled between my legs, always so quick to light up at the sight of him getting turned on. And when I tugged at the waistband of his underwear, and the full length of him sprang free, I had to physically clench my teeth to suppress my own groan. His was louder.

I took my time ducking my head down, and tasted Tommy with my tongue. His eyes rolled back in his head, a small bead forming on my tongue, as his hands moved to my neck. He ran his fingers through my hair, he held me in his hands, and I took him in my mouth.

He tasted like heaven and hell, like cherry wine, like drops of rain falling from storm clouds. The taste of him was enough to send me into a frenzy, enough to make me lose control. I had to concentrate hard not to lose myself in him.

"Don't you dare leave me again, sweetheart," he murmured, as I moved up and down on him. "I won't let you."

I could feel him getting close. He grew and tensed in my mouth. I slipped my hand into my pocket, and pulled out the handcuffs with a soft clink of metal. Tommy groaned at the sight, tensing harder in my mouth.

I moved fast. I clasped one cuff around his wrist, pushed his arms behind his back. I slipped the chain through the thick wooden bars of his chair, and fastened his other hand in place. He was trapped. Cuffed to the chair. Before he could explode in my mouth, I pulled away. A small smile as I wiped my lips.

He was panting, but his face had darkened. He glared at me through his lashes. "Kimber," he warned.

I sat back on my heels. "Didn't you want them back?" I asked innocently.

"Alright. You've had your fun. Now uncuff me."

"But you see, I'm still cross with you, Thomas," I said, pouting. "You say you love me. And I believe you. But there's some things I just haven't forgiven you for. Like Michael."

Tommy sighed in frustration, squeezing his eyes shut. "We'll talk about it. I'll make it up to you."

"But I much prefer this way. And lucky for me, you chose nice furniture for this place. Sturdy," I approved. "That chair's not going anywhere."

"I'm warning you, Kimber. Release me. Or you'll regret it."

"That would be scary," I said, standing to my feet. "But I think you'll change your mind. Six hours, did you say, until your brothers will come home and find you, all messed up for me? That's enough time to think about what you've done. Enough time for me to find peace."

The warning in his glare almost made me falter. Almost.

"Expect that's not what's going to happen," he said quietly. "Is it?"

I leaned into him, taking his jaw in my hand. "That's exactly what's going to happen, sweetheart," I whispered against his lips. "And then we'll be all squared up. I'll swallow the bullet with your name on it. And I'll finish you off like this... properly."

He smiled against my lips. "Just wait until I get my hands on you," he threatened softly. "I'll make this look like child's play."

"And yet, you're still hard for me," I said. His eyes flashed as I spoke. "That tells me you're enjoying it."

I pressed my lips to his in a kiss before retreating. "Give John and Arthur my love," I called over my shoulder. "I'll see myself out."