Ch2: A burning flame

I woke up to hear a commotion occurring outside my house. I sigh and got up seeing one of the townspeople manhandling a little girl with wings and small little horns. Next to her stood a tall man with white hair and large white wings.

The man shoved the girl away from his store and she fell on her bum. He turned and went back into his store. I let out a frustrating side and went up to the little girl and I bent down to be level with her.
" Are you alright?" I asked in a soft and gentle voice.
"I... am...alright,miss." she stuttered, I notice she was holding a paper in her hands.
"I am guessing you are looking for things in town?" I asked no one in particular. The man looked at me curiously, maybe he wondered why I seemed to care. I looked up at him.
"I can get it for you and bring it." The man seemed hesitant at first but he took the piece of paper from the girl and gave it to me.

I looked at the paper and went into the store where the man went in. He noticed me and I gave him a small smile.
"What can I do for you today, miss?" He asked in a flirtatious voice. I quickly looked over at the entrance door noticing it had a clasp to lock the door and a curtain to cover the door's window.