That's Kote to you

Cody made great use of the outside space for the Guards. He was leading his Ghosts through a hand-to-hand drill.

"Hey, Kot'ika!"

Cody closed his eyes, breathing deeply before looking over to where the shout came from. "What, Kitty?"

"I saw your 'ika–"

Cody rolled his eyes, "what has Rex done this time? You only call him mine when he's pissed you off."

The Ghosts stared with wide eyes at the two Commanders.

"–his dragon is 'ika, like him. Want to know how small yours is, as you're the squad'ika." Fox ignored Cody's interruption.

Cody chuckled. "Yeah, you could call it small."

Fox laughed, slowly going quiet as a giant golden dragon towered over him.

Cody stared at Fox, slowly lowering his head until it was level with his ori'vod. He was purposeful to ensure he sounded as threatening as possible as he pushed the man over, holding him in place with his talons.

Fox stared wide-eyed at his not-so-small vod'ika. "Well, fuck."

Cody couldn't keep a straight face, bursting into laughter. He released his ori'vod before stepping back. He transformed back, continuing to laugh.

"What was all that?!" Fox exclaimed.

"You wanted to know how small I was," Cody answered, chuckling.

"How was I meant to expect that?" Fox defended, getting to his feet.

"I don't know. Maybe listen?" Cody offered, "I know it is what everyone has been talking about. Not all of us are small enough to fit in a vent. And we are mostly on par with the size of our 'bonded'."

"Guess you never like to do anything by halves," Fox said.

"The Prime did give me the name Kote for a reason," Cody smirked.

"That is because you were a teacher's pet," Fox said, rolling his eyes. He turned and walked away before he was thrown to the floor by a dragon again.

"Sir, what was that."

Cody did not close his eyes and groan; he was beyond that (he is not). He turned to look a Wooley, "that is an ori'vod thinking he could pull one over me."

"Why does he want to pull one over on you?" Boil asked.

"He's always like that," Cody shrugged before glaring at all of them, "now I am sure you're meant to be practising your hand-to-hand combat."

388