30: afraid

"you will pay with your life" the hunter said and pulled the blade back. watching taehyung fall down to the ground. blood oozing out of the wound and coloring the stone floor red.

"NO!" Jungkook felt like his cold heart was being ripped from his chest when the human fell down. "TAEHYUNG! TAE!" he shouted, his eyes filled with worry, ignoring the pain in his leg he stood up and ripped the chains from the hunter's grip. That's when they all started to attack him. Anger visible on their faces, but it did not meet the anger that Jungkook felt right now.

"You're all going to die" he said, his voice lowering, it sent a shiver down everyone's spine. some seem to halt for a moment thinking if they should run. Some did, mostly the younger ones, but a good amount stayed behind. Jungkook grabbed the chain with his hands and broke them from his wrists, dropping it down. His eyes burned a bright yellow color and his teeth turned into fangs.

He charged at the hunters who were blocking his way to taehyung. ripping off their limbs and biting their necks, biting their arteries. blood was covering the floor. not a single person was being kept alive.

Jungkook looked at the human who wasn't moving at all. He had to get to him. but these hunters wont stop fighting. It didn't take too long for him to have slaughtered every one in the hall and dropped the last body on the ground. many dead men scattered the ground.

"Taehyung?" he said and kneeled down next to the limp human. his eyes staring into space blankly. "Tae....my love....please wake up" he grabbed the boy and put his head on his lap, positioning him in a more comfortable position. "dont go...dont tell me you're leaving."

Jungkook knew it was no use. He wasn't breathing, he wasn't responding, his body was lifeless. "you fool! you should have killed me, look what you've done! I don't understand!! explain!" Jungkook shook the other a little. He didn't want to be rough, afraid to hurt the other. Even if he was dead he was still gentle. "don't make me do this..."

Jungkook tried it a few more times but the wound was fatal. if it wasn't from the stab only it would be from the loss of blood. blood that was on Jungkook's hands. the vampire looked at it, the blood almost matched with his eyes. Blood that he used to find so tasty and made him hungry now made him scared. He didn't like this, this blood made him feel sick.

"I can't lose you like this..'' Jungkook shook his head and pulled the human up against him. pulling away the collar of his uniform. "Im sorry Taehyung, i know it's selfish but you can't die..'' Jungkook said as tears began to escape his eyes. He bit down into the skin that used to be warm but now turning cold. He made sure to bite deep and his venom was enough before taking them out. He lowered the human to rest on his lap again. with teary eyes he looked at Taehyung's frozen face, gently caressing his cheek before closing his eyes. "I love you, but you can't hear it.... I wish I had told you sooner. maybe things would have ended differently..."

-

Back at the mansion Jungkook had retreated himself in his bedroom where they laid Taehyung on the bed. thick covers over his body so he won't be cold. Jungkook knows he cant feel cold anymore, but he likes the thought of him feeling that he was still looking after him for now.

"Jungkook...are you alright?" Jimin asked, walking into the room. Jungkook had explained the whole thing to him and disappeared. Jimin didn't even get the chance to ask if the raven was okay.

"Im afraid...im never afraid... but now i can't help it but be scared"

"scared for what?" Jimin kneeled down next to the other and looked at the body on the bed a few seconds before looking at Jungkook. Jungkook held onto Taehyung's hand, his cheek resting against it, while he looked at Jimin.

"I'm afraid i was too late..that he won't come back. that i wasn't able to save him"

"Lets just give it time, we will know after a few hours" Jimin placed a comforting hand on the raven's back. "and it's okay to feel scared. It's normal, especially in this situation. but you did your best, and he must have his reasons why he did what he did. I think he knew the consequences that might come from it."

"But why....I don't get it. Why would he do this? He should have killed me. then he would still be alive. A human life is too fragile to play with like that."

"I don't know. but you can ask him when he wakes up"

"i don't know if he ever will, Jimin"

"we will see" Jimin stood up and sighed. "come down when you're ready, okay. we are here for you.

When the door was shut Jungkook let go of the hand but he didn't leave the other yet. Instead he sat down on the bed and gently fixed Taehyung's hair so the strands wont go in his eyes if he would open them again. He doesn't want him to be uncomfortable so he also fluffed his pillow a little and fixed the blankets again.

"Please come back," Jungkook whispered softly. He didn't want to be too loud. "I will go downstairs for a little okay, i hope you're laying comfortable. I will be back soon, have some more rest if you need. I will wait for you...." jungkook teared up again when he said the last words. not knowing if he will be waiting for a few hours or forever.

---

thank you for reading againnnn~ i decided to make another update before i will go to bed. i hope you like it. I will see you soon in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼