𝐴𝑟𝑑𝑜𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜

Start from the beginning

Because to me, he was like oxygen, that person to whom I never want to stay away. A thought that I always had in my mind was that I wish he could be mine, I wish he could be written in my fate, without knowing he was not gonna be mine.

Now that he is infront of me I felt hesitant to even stare at him while knowing very well that he could never be mine. What if... What could happen if he... If he was written in my destiny? 

Main unko boht khush rakhti Ya Allah Ap ak baar unko mera bana ka to dakhta...

Tugging my head low I bit my lips as tears one by one fell from my eyes making me wipe them. Opening the lock of my phone I again tried to call my best friend but she didn't pick up again.

'Must be busy.' I mumbled to myself.

"Ap ider Akali?" My head snapped toward the voice and my eyes widened and my mouth fell open because he was the last person I expected here.

My heart thumped in my chest making me clear my throat and forced my eyes to look away from him, down at my phone. He was talking to me... Without me eating his ear out...

"I am asking something." I looked at the ground thinking hard that what should I answer him.

"Waisa he behti hui thi." And I mentally facepalm myself because my voice came out smaller and weaker than I wanted. I blinked my eyes and stared at his shoes while he stayed quiet for a while making me go nervous as time passed.

Slowly he walked closer and pulled the chair and sit on it making me go still on my chair. I stared at the spot where he was just standing while I struggle to calm myself down. My hands started to tremble as I hide them under my shawl.

"Reason?"

"I don't need a reason to sit alone." Glancing at his eyebrow I said and looked away from him and formed my lips in a thin line as I overthink about what I just said. I had never, ever talk with him like that before...

"Everyone needs a reason to sit alone."

Third person-pov:

Mehwish glared at the ground whereas Zeyan stared at her with a calm face. He almost smiled at her nose, which was turning red because of irritation. Anyone could read Mehwish like an open book but to say he was startled to see her sitting alone and that too so quiet, without talking because she was that person who would always be the center of attention wherever she goes. So seeing her like that was something he least expected.

Since the time he came here, he didn't see her laughing or talking with anyone making him wonder if anyone say anything to her about her sudden strange behavior.

"Then what do you think is my reason?" Mehwish's voice was filled with annoyance she was unable to understand why was he there, in front of her, and that too talking to her when his parents were downstairs ready to ask for Rabia's hand for him. She looked at the floor suddenly feel like crying for being rude to him. She just wanted to be alone. And today was the only day left for him to come and suddenly talk to her??

"Sadness." Mehwish's head snapped toward Zeyan's as she looked into his eyes suddenly getting wary that did he know? While Zeyan in his place was quite unable to understand why he suddenly said that one word rather than the others.

They both stared into each other eyes and Mehwish was the first one to break that contact. And say after a while.

"Maryam ki bari bhen k rishta paka hona ja raha ha us insan sa jissa wo is duniya main sab sa zaida chahti ha..." And then she looked up directly into his eyes and said.

"Or wo insan is qadar na samjh ha k unko is baat ka Ilam he nai k jis insan sa wo shaadi krna ja raha ha wo usko pasand krna k bajaya kisi or ko pasand krti ha... Or jo larki unko pasand krti ha uski taraf wo dakhta bhi nai." With that Mehwish stood from her chair and walked from there leaving Zeyan in his deep thoughts.

"Maryam doesn't...doesn't have any siblings." His words echoed in the silence.

She rubbed her face as her face heated up because of that memory. Releasing a sigh as she closed her eyes and lay on her bed with a smile on her face.

That day they never ask for Rabia's hand.

♥♥♥♥

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑠.