♡Chapter 1♡

~Fire~

All I could see was the burning flames around me. Tears streamed down my face. Whether they were caused by the smoke or my sadness was unknown.

The burning embers and smoke burned my E/C eyes. My tiny body shook like a leaf. I felt numb as the fire raged around me. The building I once called my home was crumbling away by the second.

I wanted to scream but my voice was caught in my throat as a dark silhouette walked towards me. The stench of blood radiated from them strongly.

With the slice of a blade, the shilouette in front of me was destroyed as jt fell to the floor with a thud. Through the flames a hand reached out.

"Thank goodness one of you is still alive...."

My tears uncontrollably fell as I desperately reached out for the hand. With my trembling body J fell into their arms as they gently picked me up.

"It must be God's will that I've found you! Dear child my name is Roland please do not be afraid," the chasseur spoke as he stepped out of the flame, allowing me to see his bright blonde hair clearly.

He held such a bright smile that it immediately eased all of my fears. "I-is the vampire g-gone?" My voice was barely above a whisper. It shook like a fragile vase on the side of a shelf about to fall. Roland looked down at me and pat my head.

"Yes, that filthy creature is gone and will forment you no more. What is your name my dear?" Roland asked with such a gentle voice that the flames behind us seemed far inferior.

"Y-Y/N,"

♡♡♡♡

With a gasp I jolted awake. I panted, my breath fast and unsteady. I looked around frantically to only see the familiar walls of the underground hideout. That's right...those flames no longer consume me

I ran a hand through my disheveled H/C locks. I shook my head and stood up to look in the mirror. I must have moved a lot in my sleep- my hair was all over the place. Glancing over, I read the time. It was still early: I could get ready slowly.

I pulled my hair into a side ponytail, tying it together with a black ribbon with purple diamonds. I put on my signature off-shoulder white dress that faded into a blue ombre. The sleeves went past my hands, creating an ethereal look. I grabbed my sythe and carried it with me as I left my room.

However as soon as I opened the door I was greeted with a head of bright magenta hair. I screamed and fell flat on my butt. "Astolfo!" I groaned, puffing out my cheeks.

He laughed and pointed down at me. "Oh! You get scared so easily! Haha!" My best friend Astolfo laughed and looked down at me. I sat up and placed a hand on my waist.

"You butt! You scare me every morning! And here I was thinking you loved me," I playfully pouted. Astolfo looked at me feigning shock. "Oh I do! You're just so fun to scare! Your reactions are hilarious," Astolfo explained.

"Who would think that Y/N the Diamond would get scared so easily~" Astolfo laughed as he turned to pick up my sythe since he was the reason I dropped it. "And who would think that Astolfo the Garnet would be such a butt!" I playfully retorted, grabbing my sythe back from his hands.

We always walked together to the training room to train together and wait for Roland's orders. Despite being members of the Twelve Paladins, neither of us trusted anyone else other than Roland and eachother.
After all, Roland had saved both of us from the vampires.

Astolfo and I both joined the chasseur's around the same time. He joined a little after I did. We met in this very training room.

♡♡♡♡

"Hah!" I shouted, swinging my sythe at the training dummy, swiftly taking it's head. Ice formed behind where my sythe had hit. I had been training here for around a year. I clutched my chest, where a small purple diamond had been imdebbed into my body courtesy of Doctor Moreau.

I shuddered at the very thought of him. He discarded me as a project after he found Number 69. I tried to convince him to let the boy go, but he threatened to kill me for talking back. After that, he moved his lab so I couldn't send the chasseur's after his experiments.

~Tap, tap, tap~

I turned around when I heard familar footsteps. "Roland!" I cried out happily. The chasseur was like a brother to me. I ran over to him and set my sythe down. I ran and engulfed him in a hug. "Look! I'm getting better at controlling the ice!" I jumped up and down happily.

Roland chuckled heartily and pat my head. "Excellent job Y/N! You're making lovely progress! Now there's someone I'd like you to meet. Astolfo, please come out," my eyes widened when I saw a boy with beautiful magenta hair.

My eyes glittered. "Ahh!" I smiled brightly! "You're so cute!" I exclaimed, running and giving the boy a big hug. He flinched under my touch but didn't push me away. I let go, sensing that he was uncomfortable.

"Hey hey! Do you wanna be friends? We can train together every day!" I exclaimed, holding out my hand. Astolfo looked at my hand hesitantly.

'The last friend I made killed them...friends are useless..'

Astolfo thought sadly, some tears escaping his eyes and cascading down his cheeks. I looked at him and wiped away the tears that fell.

"Were you hurt by the vampires too? Mr. Roland saved me from them. I'm training to make sure they can't hurt anyone else! My offer will always stand! I could use a training buddy but only if you'd want to," I exclaimed, running to pick up my sythe again.

Roland smiled at the little exchange. Roland bent down and gently pat Astolfo's head. "It'll be good for you to make a friend. That's Y/N, she came here around a year ago. I have a meeting that I need to attend. Stay here with Y/N for the time being,"

Roland walked away slowly. Astolfo looked around, unsure of what to do now that Roland was gone. He began to shake, but tried to keep what Roland said in mind.

"I-I'll be your friend!"

♡♡♡♡

First chapter completed!! Oh boy that was really fun to write! I absolutely love the beauty of Astolfo's character and I can't wait to continue this story! Let me know what you guys think so far and stay tuned!

I'll be releasing the first chapter of my Chuuya x reader soon 😉😉
Also! The first chapter of Eternal Heaven (Zeldris x reader) should be out on Lostgipsydanger's account sometime today or tommorow so be sure to check it out!!

-with love, the author Kiwi 💗💗