Chapter 5

The rest of the week went by pretty quick. I got closer to Matt and Mahogony. As for me and Jack, well we fight a lot he always gets on my nerves and annoys me. Today was Saturday morning and I was currently on my phone when my mom came to my room.

"Hey sweetie so my best friend from work and both of us are going out for breakfast and your coming with us! She has a son about your age so get ready we leave in 30 min" she said so happy. ugh I dragged myself out of bed and did loose curls and for my outfit I choose a pair of jeans and a black crop top and a jacket and a pair of vans. as for my makeup I kept it the same

I grabbed my phone and we drove to Denny's. When we arrived we sat down and waited for them to come. I was on my phone when I heard someone clear their throat I looked up to see jack fucking Gilinsky. I was sitting next to my mom Jack was infront of me while his mom was sitting infront of mine.

"Hi I'm Katherine jacks mom and this is my son"she said with such a nice smile. "Yeah I know we go to school together" I said smiling.

We ate our food and then my mom spoke up "hey Madelyn so Katherine and I were possibly thinking of going on a vacation now don't be worried because Jack will be staying with you" she said with the biggest smile on her face.

"Yay"i said note the sarcasm. I turned to see Jack smirking sometimes I just wanna smack that smirk right of his face. We finished eating and headed back home. I ran upstairs and called Mahogany. "hey wanna go shopping" I asked. "yeah sure I'll pick you up in a few" she said ending up the call.

My mom was packing and I told her k was gonna hang out with Mahogany for awhile. I heard a knock at the door I ran downstairs and got to her car. on our way to the mall we were jamming out to Shawn Mendes which was one of mahogany's friends I really wanna meet him.

We got to the mall and I bought some dresses, shirts, sweaters, shorts, and jeans. We ate Panda Express and grabbed a Starbucks. mahogany drove me home 5 hrs later after a well spent day.

I got home took a shower and fell asleep. I woke up at 2:35 am and it was my mom. "hey sweetie I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving like right now our plane leaves at 3:00 am Katherine is downstairs with Jack, Jack is sleeping in the guest room if anything call me/ text me we'll be gone for 3 weeks they offered us both a job and we will test it out and see how we like it"

"Mom we just moved here and your planning to leave"? "No sweetie if I ever did move you can stay or come you'll be 18 soon anyways well I got to go bye" she said kissing my forehead.

My mom shortly left afterwards and j couldn't sleep I was just turning around . When I heard a knock on the door I turned and it was Jack. "hey I can't sleep" he said "um ok bye I'm tired" " Madelyn you clearly can't sleep either I've been standing her for the last 5 min and you've just been turning around" "ugh fine I can't sleep" I said.

"Mind if I join" he said before I could finish what I was gonna say he was already next to me in bed I just turned around and I felt him pulling me closer to him.
-----------the next morning -------------
I woke up and checked the time 9:45 holy shit we're late!! I yelled Jack got up fast. "what's wrong''!?! He said "we are LATE" I said louder "so... Let's just skip" "no Jack get ready like fast". I quickly washed my face and teeth I wore a pair of skinny jeans and I pink VS sweater for my hair I did a braid on the side of my head and a messy ponytail.

I got a granola bar for me and Jack and he quickly drove us to school he ate my granola bar too. "wow Jack what am I supposed to eat" I asked annoyed. " I don't know I'm hungry" I just rolled my eyes. we headed to the office and the lady gave us both strange looks and asked why we were later and I said our car broke down.

She gave us a slip and we both headed to 1st period which was about to end we have our notes and instantly Madison shot me a glare. I brushed it off and sat down next to Matt. "hey what happened" "I'll tell you later". I said and caught up with the worksheets. finally it was lunch and I explained everything to Matt. the ball rang and I remembered I couldn't leave without Jack because he was ride.

I couldn't find him and I spotted his car I jogged towards it and saw through the window and saw he was kissing Madison. wow He looked up and rolled down the window "hey I forgot here I'll drop you off I um I'm going to Madison house so yeah" I was about to turn around and ask Matt but Madison stopped me. "yeah Maddi come" why was she being "nice" oh well I hopped on the back and just plugged in my earphones.

Although I had my phone on full volume I could still hear Madison's stupid annoying laugh man she laughs at everything more than half the things aren't even funny. Now and then Jack would glance at me but Madison would make him turn around again.

Finally we reached home and I literally jumped out of the car and didn't even say thanks. I changed into spandex and a tanktop I made myself a sandwich and watched the vampire diaries on Netflix. I was bored out of my mind when I decided to call Matt and ask him to come over.

I heard a knock on the door and knew it was him. I opened it and we sat on the couch. "this is boring af" he spoke up. "ok so what do you wanna do". "lets do something fun duh" "ok but let me change first. I put some yoga pants and a sweater. I locked the door and headed out.

"This is gonna be so fun"! He looks like a little kid it was so cute. we were still driving for another 25 min. "Matt where are we going" "it's a surprise" he said. We finally reached an aquarium. "so what exactly are we doing at an aquarium this late isn't it like closed"? I asked. "nope well technically yes I know how much you love sea animals so I brought you here" "aw thanks matty boo" We got inside and it was lonely but it was nice. We went outside and the view was amazing.

"Matt shouldn't you be looking at the amazing view"? I asked "why should I be looking there when the most beautiful view is infront of me". wow I didn't know how to react. I remembered I had my phone on silence so I checked it to see if my mom had called but I had 14 messages from Jack and 20 missed calls. I called him back.

(J)"Where are you"!?!?
(M)"I'm with Matt"
(J) "you should be heading back its late"
(M) "I can do whatever I want"
With that I hung up I continued talking to Matt and 15 min later we left.

"Thanks for inviting me Matt" i said with a smile. "your welcome". I got out of his car and into my house. I saw Jack watching tv. he didn't say anything and neither did I. I brushed my teeth changed and went to bed