Final Selection (4)

Start from the beginning

"Tanjiro..." Nezuko said.

She grasped his hand lightly. 

"I'm coming back no matter what, okay?" She reassured, she kissed his forehead and waved goodbye.

Urokodaki sees Nezuko off.

"Don't worry about your brother. I'll take good care of him." Urokodaki says.

"All right! Thank you very much!" She bows and runs away from the house, but stops.

"I'll be going then, Mr. Urokodaki!" She waved goodbye.

She runs a bit further before turning and saying, "Say hello to Makomo and Sabito for me!" Nezuko called as she ran to Final Selection. 

"What? Nezuko... how do you... know those names of dead children?" Urokodaki whispered, horrified.

Nezuko walks through a path full of wisteria flowers.

'Wow, look at all of these wisteria flowers. I thought they were out of season...' Nezuko thought, grabbing a few petals that fell from the wind.

She makes her way to a shrine, she sees other students, one being a boy with yellow hair, his kimono yellow fading into orange, spread with white triangles. She feels like he'll be important later on.

"Ah... there's a lot of people." Nezuko says.

Two kids, Kanata and Kiriya, say, "Everyone. We thank you for coming here tonight for the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection."

Kanata, a small girl with white hair, says, "There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsman, and unable to leave."

Kiriya, a small boy with black hair, says, "That is because wisteria, which demons are weak to, blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain."

Kanata says, "However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound."

"You need to survive here for seven days to pass the Final Selection." Kiriya says.

"And now, be on your way." Both the kids say.

Nezuko runs through the wisteria-less forest by herself, sniffing around for demons.

'Survive for seven days... that's all I'm going to think about.' She runs to a boulder.

She kneels by the large boulder and watches the area.

'First, I'm going to survive tonight. Once the sun comes up, the demons won't be able to do anything, so I can get some rest then. So I'll have to head east! I'm going to make my way to where the sun rises first!' Nezuko suddenly stops, and then prepares to draw her sword.

'This smell, it's a demon! And it's nearby!' Nezuko looks around, searching for its location.

'Where is it? Where is it coming from? I can't pinpoint the direction of the scent!' Nezuko panics, but calms down and smells the air.

"From above!?" Nezuko exclaims.

She looks up, a demon jumps from the trees and charges toward her from the sky, she rolls out of the way, so the demon crashes into the ground. 

"Hahaha!" The first demon cackles.

"A demon..." Nezuko mutters.

A second demon appears from behind, it jumps and aims to strike Nezuko. She draws her sword.

"Graaaa!" The demon shouts.

"Urk!" Nezuko blocks the demon from scratching her.

The first demon yells, "Damn you!"