Prologue *

"TWENTY...NINTEEN...EIGHTEEN...!"

I stood in a line with Esme and her friends, Lexi and Emma.  I had a shiny blue hat on my head, causing my dirty blonde hair to get in my face. Esme wore a green hat, Lexi wore a purple hat, and Emma wore a silver hat.  I was blowing my party noise maker like crazy, causing everyone to get a headache.  It was New Years Eve, and the ball was about to drop.  Almost 3000! 

"FIFTEEN...FOURTEEN...THIRTEEN...!"

We screamed at the top of our lungs, counting down until the ball dropped.  Afterward, we where going to go outside and beat pots and pans to annoy the neighbors.  Seems childish, I know, but we are weird in that way, even though im thirteen, Esme is 12 and 3 quarters, Lexi is 12 and a half, and Emma is 13 also.

"ELEVEN...TEN...NINE...!"

Single digits!  I was so excited.  We all screamed louder and louder each  number. I swear, my parents could probably hear me from about 10 blocks away.

"SEVEN...SIX...FIVE...!"

Esme's cat screeched at how loud our voices where.

"FOUR...THREE...TWO...!"

Almost time!  I literally started jumping like a little kid.  New Years is the best, okay?

"ONE...ZERO!"

We pulled the strings on our poppers, blew our party noise makers, and threw our hats.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"  We all screamed.

"AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!"  I yelled and threw my hat at the wall.

We laughed, drank sparkling grape juice and said our resolutions.

Now, it was time to annoy the neighbors!

We each grabbed a pot or a pan and a spoon.  I pulled out my phone to record.  I set it down on the table outside and we beat the pots and pans, blowing the noise makers, and causing a lot of racket.

Once we went back inside, we started coming up with theories about the year, because it was no longer In the 2000s.

"What if something happens to the president?"

"What if flying cars were invented?"  Yeah, those were already invented, but it was a bust.  They should've seriously tried again.

"What if the world ended?"

*