Marco x sick!reader

Dedicated to ashlynn_haz since she loves the freckled saint so much.

Sounds of coughing echoed through (y/n)'s apartment. No, not your average run of the mill coughing with slight discomfort either. Full blown "I am worried about my lungs exploding" kind of cough where you need to drink a ton of water in order to parch your burning throat.

"Hey (n/n)!" A voice rang out from your dorm's hallway, "I brought over a (f/b) cd for us to listen too while we study along with some (f/s) and (f/d)!"

You let out a groan as you heard the cheery tone of your boyfriend Marco. It's not that you don't love him, but in fact just the opposite. You see, Marco tends to get EXTREMELY worrisome when he sees those he loves in any sort of pain and sometimes it can get a little annoying.

Your voice squeaked out a small"coming" as you dragged yourself out of your comforting bed to answer your door wearing (f/p) footie pajamas. You open the door wincing slightly at the screeching noise from it running over the wooden floor to see a familiar set of freckles, a pair of warm coco eyes and a million dollar smile. You stepped aside to let the tall male in then closed the door and locked it behind you to ward off any unwanted company.

A light "clunk" noise rang out as he set the grocery bag on the counter. He turned to face you with a curious look on his face.

"Hey, are you sick or something?" His voice mumbled out as he walked towards you. "You should really be lieng down if you are."

You gave a small smile followed by a pathetic sneeze. His eyebrows furrowed as he went over and picked you up and carried you over his shoulder.

"H-hey!" you sounded out in protest hitting his back a few times with your curled fists. "What are you doing?!"

"What does it look like silly?" He chuckled as you plopped you down on your bed. "I'm going to take care of you until you get better!"

You let a small grin creep up your features and muttered a small "thank you" as he tucked you in and headed off to the kitchen to make you some soup.

You sat in bed a few minutes as the smell of chicken and noodles grew stronger with every small this you heard going down the hall. You heard a small creak as the door opened and a head peaked in and smiled when the eyes landed on you. The door opened all the way as the male approached you carrying a cutting board with a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup, a mug of camomile tea, and a package of saltine crackers.

You say up when he reached the bed and sat down next to you after setting the "platter" on the bedside table. after situating himself facing you he grabbed the bowl of soup and the spoon and brought it on his lap.

You looked at him curiously as he lifted the broth filled spoon up to his lips and gently blew on it to cool it down. He gave you a lopsided grin as he brought said spoon to your lips while saying "Here comes the airplane!" In a singsong voice to which you replied with a pout.
"I'm not a baby!" Your feeble voice squeaked out. As the broth intruded your mouth and stayed while the spoon retreated.
Marco just smiled while replying "you are my baby though." As he filled the spoon again.
You let out a sigh at his cheesiness and took the spoon from him. He let out a small huff as you brought it to your lips and then blew on it bringing confusion to him. You then brought the spoon to his mouth and when he cocked an eyebrow at you you smiled and said
"You are also my baby so open wide you dork!"
He snorted before parting his tan lips and letting you feed him. The two of you kept this up until the bowl was completely empty.
Your eyelids started feeling heavy as a yawn escaped your lips. Marco smiled and was getting up to wash the dishes but was stopped by a small hands grabbing his.
"Please stay?" You asked with eyes barely open.
He let out a smile as he set down the board on the table once again and removed his jeans.
He crawled into the other side of the bed and under the (f/c) comforter in order to pull you into a spooning position.
You let out a sigh of contentment as you nuzzled closer to him and mumbled out a quiet "I love you."
He smiled into your hair and responded. "It's a good thing you do because I love you too." While casting a quick glance over to his pants to see a small black box hanging out of the pocket.
Someday he thought, someday.