58

Word count: 2577

Unedited ❤️🙏🏾

Riley's POV

*

After a full week and few days of not being able to contact Luciano, a part of me began to get worried. Everything was going fine at home but there was just this feeling of emptiness inside me that was beginning to grow bigger with each passing day.

He was supposed to take me to my brother's wedding as his plus one but at the moment, I hadn't gotten any signal from him on his whereabouts or his date of return. He hadn't called even once and en in fridge kept saying she hadn't gotten any information from Dennis.

I wished I could see him right now. I missed him so badly but I had no idea where he currently was.

My brother would be coming to pick me and take me over to his place along with Ingrid and that gave me a little consolation that I would at least get my mind off the thoughts about Luciano and his safety.

By evening, I'd gotten my champagne mermaid dress and Ingrid had gotten the same style only in blue. It was so perfect that I couldn't wait to put it on and take pictures. I gave orders about some things that should be sorted out in the house already since I already made some laws on how things should be done immediately Ingrid arrived.

Whenever the maids cooked, they would also give some to the security guys. I learnt they usually ordered fast food but that would have to change. Now the maids had started doing the rotation thrice a week so each security guard would get to eat a home cooked meal thrice a week, which was fair.

When Fred came over, I was in high spirits and eager to spend some time with him and his fiancee before tomorrow's wedding.

I'd spoken to her on phone twice though I'd never met her in person.

"Trisha can't wait to meet you. I'm sure she'll love you." He said just as I stepped out of the black house, the bodyguards walking before us with mine and Ingrid's bags. We would be spending the night there and returning home tomorrow evening or next tomorrow morning.

"I hope so. I like her already." I chuckled, giving him a shy smile while Ingrid was on her phone as we walked to his Audi. I made three bodyguards follow us for our own safety though I knew Luciano would've made sure a full truck of bodyguards were at my disposal if he was around.

The thought of him had me smiling a little. He was so protective and loving. I miss him so badly.

"Would you like to sit at the back with your friend?" Fred's question snapped me out of my thoughts and I blinked, looking towards Ingrid who was on her phone.

"Nah she can sit at the front with you. It's fine." Ingrid smiled while opening the back door and shutting it before I could even speak. I shrugged and got into the front seat beside Fred.

The bodyguards got into the car behind us and Fred started the car.

"So how long have you known Trisha?" I asked, wanting to know more about him. We usually spoke and texted on the phone but it couldn't be compared to actually physically conversing with him.

I noticed there was this way he usually furrowed his brows which was exactly how I also usually did and it was both nice and overwhelming to know someone who I was related to because I'd always been made to believe I didn't have any blood related family member.

"I've known her for several years. She's actually my best friend and we got together about two years ago...then six months ago I proposed and she said yes." He gave me a bright smile that made me smile as well.