Review - Gemicide

Gemicide: Amid the Blues of BcHaven by Lpknits

Reviewer: kailucy

I'm so so sorry it took so long. 

Title: 5/5

I really like the title. It seems to go with the plot and I've been thinking about it since it was requested so it's definitely memorable.

Cover: 5/5I love the cover. The fonts look great and I love the detail of the characters surrounding the jewel. The quality is good as well.

Blurb: 5/5

The blurb has a great setup and introduces a character. It really sticks with the reader making them want to see what will happen.

Plot: 15/20

The plot seems like it will get interesting but so far we've only seen the day-to-day lives of a few characters. Which isn't really bad in itself but it also isn't enough to make someone want to continue. I'd honestly suggest maybe leaving off on a cliffhanger or maybe having an incident that will drive us into action. I hope this doesn't sound bad cause I do think the idea is great but so far I haven't seen anything hinting that the action will start soon.

Characters: 14/15

The characters from what I've seen are likable however it would be better if their personalities were shown rather than just told. Maybe do it in dialogue or actions. It would read much better and make the characters seem more real.

Writing Style: 17/20

You have an engaging writing style. The descriptions are nice but it could use some more showing. I know I mentioned it in the characters section as well but here I'm referring more to the settings and things happening around the characters.

Grammar/Spelling: 18/20

There are quite a few mistakes. Typos, spelling, and grammar. There are some instances of missing punctuation. The 6th paragraph in chapter 2 is worded kinda strangely and was hard to understand.

Engagement: 8/10

It was engaging and I plan to read on. I did kinda expect more set up though but I like the idea so hopefully, I'll be able to read more when I have time.

Overall: 87/100

Overall, I think you have a nice idea but it could use a little more showing and maybe set something up in the beginning chapters.