- new people -

Začať od začiatku

"Fourteen seems a little young for our expectations—"

Erwin interjected. "The trainees are mostly fifteen years old, it doesn't make a difference."

The commander only looked down on the paper again. "Well....but Miss Ackerman has never received training to be a cadet." He retorted sternly.

Charlie's eyebrows rose.

What kind of argument between the two is going on?

"She is more than qualified, already being in perfect control over the ODM gear. I told you to trust me." Erwin said from behind, making the other man sigh.

He put his pencil down, his tired eyes looking into Charlie's mismatched one's.

He stood up. "I'm Commander Keith Shadis, welcome. Behave and we won't have any problems." He said, before promptly leaving the room.

Charlie turned around to Erwin, showing him a big, sarcastic smile. "Now that went well!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

Their next destination was the training grounds, where— to Charlie's dislike— everyone was gathered.

Many different coloured eyes looking at the two of them, as they walked out the door and to the people.

Charlie remained calm...from the outside. Her eyes darted around, searching for one specific man.

And there he was, standing in the last row, not even glancing her way as Charlie stared him down.

Her heart clenched. It has been about four years after all. She felt relieved at seeing him alive. At the same time she wanted to punch his teeth out.

But she swallowed all the feelings down. She came to terms with Levi leaving a long time ago. She matured, after all.

So she averted her eyes away. They were almost there, only a few more steps. Charlie could see a woman, dark brown hair bond in a ponytail, and glasses sitting on her nose. She was smiling brightly at Charlie.

Weird...

Then there was a younger woman, short orange brown hair falling onto her shoulders. An even younger looking boy standing beside her, his short hair bright orange.

And a lot more faces, all staring at her. She was so invested in scanning their faces that she didn't realise that they had already stopped, and that Erwin seemed to have said something.

He looked down at her, repeating himself. "Cadet, introduce yourself."

Charlie opened her mouth slowly. "...I'm Charlie Ackerman." She spoke strongly, not showing any intimidation.

"Charlie is joining us for now, together with the three new cadets that joined last week." Erwin explained.

Charlie wondered where the hell the so called Commander was at, shouldn't he be doing this?

Erwin gestured for some people to move to the side, exposing the smaller man, Levi, that was standing behind them.

"This is Captain Levi." He said, not caring about the fact that they clearly already knew each other.

Then, a man came forward, a uniform folded in his hand. He gave it to Charlie. "This is Mike Zakarius. Don't act up if he sniffes you."

"...What—" And he sniffed her, before giving her a slight smile and going back to his place.