- power -

~ 6 ~

~ 6 ~

"Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul."
~ Dave Pelzer

.

.

.

.

"Can you not leave me alone here?" She asked, making Levi frown.

"Yeah...I won't, I would never."

.

"And that's what he said! Now look around. Do you see him anywhere? NO!" Charlotte shouted, throwing a knife at the wooden target on the wall.

The man beside her shook his head, his dark eyes looking down on the alcohol before him as he was cleaning some glasses.

"They're gonna come back, Charlotte, and then you'll feel bad for even thinking that way." The dark haired man, Tom, spoke.

"Stop calling me Charlotte, Tommy. Aniki called me that, he refused to call me Charlie like everyone else!" She spoke loudly, this time throwing a metal fork at the target, hitting right next to the knife.

Over the years, the nickname Charlie was practically the only name her friends called her.

"I call you whatever the fuck I want, kid." Tom said, his words sounding harsh, but his demeanour didn't change.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. On the outside, she looked angry, but in reality, she never felt so sad and left alone than in the past days.

Over the time when Isabelle joined them, they had much fun together. Charlotte and Isabelle became really close. Isabelle loved her hair, always trying to braid it in some way. Most times she failed, and then Furlan had to untangle it.

Even Levi warmed up to her, which surprised the two others. Charlotte became much better at ODM gear, which made their stealing missions much easier.

Everything was great. Well, as great as it can be, living in the Untergrund.

Until one day, a man appeared at their door and made an offering. Charlotte was only ten at the time, and still is, which meant she wasn't even included in the man's plans.

Completing the mission: Kill Erwin Smith of the survey corps. In exchange, Yan would receive treatment in a good hospital, they would get a whole lot of money, and the biggest part...they would get citizenship to live above ground.