𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐑𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞) ❀ 𝐊𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞,
𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞...

└───────🍁───────┘

—gn!reader—angst — modern au + day three of kazuha week <3—1

—gn!reader
—angst 
— modern au + day three of kazuha week <3
—1.7k+

「 SECOND OPTION (REWRITE) 

i'd always been the type of person to fade into the background, even as others stared straight through my eyes. they'd never bothered to speak with me, because most forgot i existed the moment they turned their heads. i was forgettable that way. i was no one's first pick, especially when it came to romance. every school dance i ever attended, i went alone and stood awkwardly in the corner because my parents claimed i should 'have fun' and 'live life while i still have it'. it was not fun, and it hardly felt like i was alive.

the first person to pay me any attention was lumine, my best friend. funnily enough, she was a magnet for other people, and everyone constantly hoped to befriend her, which they did. she was kind enough to accept all friendships, and she was talented in everything

at times, her qualities would make me feel inferior, despite her reassuring me otherwise. she was the only person who saw me, how was i meant to think any different?

well, that was until kaedehara kazuha.

in all honesty, our first meeting left me baffled, though i never knew why.

the violin always felt like a fragile instrument, held in my nimble hands as each string surrendered beneath the bow. initially, i was pressured into becoming a violinist to appease my mother, but after time, it became a beloved dream of my own.

so, some days, i'd stay late after school to practice in the music room.

the melody i played was rather melancholy, matching my feelings of unworthiness and self loathing, which was why it was so startling when the door creaked open. in a flash, i whipped around to face the entrance and the prettiest boy i'd ever seen stared back at me with wide eyes.

"um— yes?" i asked awkwardly, unsure of what else to say.

he stepped into the room and smiled, "i didn't mean to disturb you. i heard your song from the hallway and hoped to see the musician behind it."

i slowly nodded, eyes darting around the room to avoid his gaze, "right. well, here they are, i guess!"

"here they are," he repeated with a chuckle.