A Moonlit Breeze ❀ Kazuha

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧...

└───────🍁───────┘

[Kazuha x Female Reader][This chapter was originally named 'A Moonlit Night', but I changed it after Kazuha's teaser came out

[This chapter was originally named 'A Moonlit Night', but I changed it after Kazuha's teaser came out. It's my favorite teaser so far, have you seen it?]

It was one of the perfect nights with a clear sky and calm waters. The ship rocked gently from side to side, as if rocking the crew members to sleep. Kazuha was unable to sleep, thoughts of a certain person keeping him up at night. He barely wanted to sleep anyway.

"Kazuha?"

He turned around at the sound of the familiar voice, his heartbeat speeding up. He suddenly felt much more nervous than he was before, but he didn't show it. He stayed perfectly calm on the outside.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey," Y/n replied. "Nice night, hm?"

"Yes, very," he agreed. "You can't sleep either?"

"Nope," she sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "Thoughts keeping me up. What's your reason for being awake at this hour?"

"Same as you," he admitted.

"Oh? Penny for your thoughts?" She requested.

"I'd rather not," he chuckled nervously.

"Damn," Y/n smiled, shaking her head. "If you say so."

It was quiet after that as Y/n stared up at the sky, the light of the stars reflecting in her eyes. Kazuha kept glancing at her, admiring her features. He wanted to know what it'd be like to be with her in a relationship, but he doubted it would happen.

"See something you like?" Y/n teased, meeting his gaze with a small smirk.

"I'm sorry, I got lost in thought..." He apologized.

"Oh? So you were thinking about me," she grinned.

"That's not exactly what I meant..." He said.

"I'm kidding, Kazuha," Y/n nudged his arm with her elbow. "Don't worry about it."

"Well you were correct..."

Y/n froze after hearing his quiet mumbling, her face going red. She didn't think he actually had her on his mind the entire time, but she couldn't say she wasn't happy about it. He didn't seem to notice that she heard his words.

"You're very bright," Y/n commented.

"You're calling me intelligent? Why?" He queried.

"No, that's not what I mean," she exhaled. "Well, you are smart too, but what I meant was that you make me very happy. You're like... The sun that lights up my days!"

"Really...?" Kazuha stared at her, surprised by her sudden claim.

"Of course," she nodded, sitting down on the edge of the ship. "Sit with me, will you?"

Kazuha took a seat beside her and she grinned, "I think I'm starting to get a bit tired."

"You should rest. It'll be a long day tomorrow," he suggested.

"No," Y/n declined. "Resting would mean leaving you out here, so I don't think I will."

"Rest is much more of a priority than me."

"I love you much more than I love sleep, so no, it's not," Y/n giggled, seeing Kazuha's blush darken.

"You... Love me?"

"I do."

"I love you too..." He admitted.

"I mean as more than just a friend," she added.

"I'm aware."

Y/n blushed, her cheeks rose red from his words. She was unsure he knew what she meant, but he really did love her in that way. She found it slightly hard to believe that he'd fall for someone who acted so childish at times, but she was happy.

"Oh geez..." Y/n said, covering her face so he wouldn't see her blush.

"Are you alright?" Kazuha asked.

"I'm fine, just nervous!" Y/n squeaked.

"Oh? I apologize for making you nervous."

"No, no, it's okay!" she shook her head, taking a deep breath to calm down. "It just... Feels as if my heart is on fire right now."

"Well, I'm feeling the same, so you're not alone," he stated, pulling her hands down and holding them with his own. "Don't hide your face, please. You're beautiful."

Y/n felt her heart begin to beat more hastily against her chest, as if begging to be let out. The situation was so nerve-racking, but she loved it at the same time. Being so close to him... It was something she'd never give up for the world.

"Thank you..." She smiled tiredly.

"Y/n, if you don't want to leave, you can rest on me for now," Kazuha offered.

"Really?" Y/n responded, surprised by the sudden suggestion.

"Of course."

Y/n hesitantly rested her head on Kazuha's shoulder, wondering if it was really okay, "Hmm... Are you sure this is okay?"

"I'm quite sure."

"Okay..." She smiled, listening to the sound of the ship flowing through the water. "Talk to me..."

"Huh? Talk to you?"

"Yeah, just... Talk. Your voice is calming, and it makes me feel fuzzy..." Y/n elaborated.

"Hm... I'll try my best."

He took a deep breath before speaking again, "I'm glad my voice is able to calm you. Yours is most definitely comforting to me. I've loved you for quite a while, but I never said anything because I didn't think you felt the same. It was... Not a good experience, trying to hide it. I was rarely ever able to get you off my mind, and honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've wondered what it would be like if we kissed. Sorry, I'm not very good at this..."

He looked over to the girl beside him, seeing that she had already fallen asleep. He smiled and kissed her on the top of her head before wrapping his arms around her and resting his head on top of hers. He exhaled gently, feeling happy with the current situation.

"This is much more than perfect..."