4: Just like old times

Lilith stood in her kitchen cooking and listening to Jake explain what she didn't remember from last night "and I yelled at Sawyer

Lilith stood in her kitchen cooking and listening to Jake explain what she didn't remember from last night "and I yelled at Sawyer." He spoke, only noticing his mistake when a wooden spoon hit him on the back of the head.

Jake came to rub the back of his head, he was there because he offered Lilith a ride seeing as her truck was still at the hard deck.

"Why did you yell at Sawyer, Horse face?" Lilith asked, collecting her spoon back from its place on the floor, now she would have to wash it.

"Are you ever gonna let that nickname go?" Jake questioned, he was hoping to change the conversation from Sawyer.

"No I won't, now answer my question." Lilith raised her eyebrow and turned to the sink, she would be able to return to cooking once she cleaned her spoon.

"As it turns out, I have a daughter and Sawyer never bothered to tell me." Jake begrudgingly answered, this is not a conversation he wanted to be having this early in the morning.

"Oh." Lilith paused, thinking about her response "Well, I can see where Sawyer was coming from, but I can also see where you are coming from." Lilith had always been able to place herself in other people's shoes, being able to see things from their perspective and be able to get into a mindset similar to theirs.

"Mind sharing?" Lilith was always the one to help Jake in these kinds of situations.

"She was probably scared that you wouldn't want anything to do with her or your daughter after you found out. And that it would ruin your career and you would spend the rest of your life blaming them for things not going how you planned." Lilith finished washing off the spoon, before drying it on one of the hand towels and going back to stirring the gravy that sat on her stove.

"I wouldn't have done that." Jake honestly wouldn't have, he wanted a whole life with Sawyer but he didn't go the right way about doing it.

"You might have known that, but are you sure she did?" Lilith turned the gravy, and pulled the biscuits out of the oven.

She placed the biscuits down and motioned for Jake to get a plate. "Eat. We've a busy day today." Jake didn't need to be told twice, he loves Liliths cooking.

" Jake didn't need to be told twice, he loves Liliths cooking