HBH-Chapter 4-Endless Thoughts

...It was THE Choi Soobin.

And he and his family were known for many infamous activities. They didn't have the best reputation but a lot can argue against that.

The Chois were all purebred alphas. Not a single impure in their whole bloodline.

Being a purebred has its advantages and disadvantages depending on your class. Alphas in general, had more demand, dominance and superiority. Omegas were the complete opposite and the Omegas sat right in between the both.

So, with a pure bloodline, you could easily say they were the most respected and valued family within the city.

But it also meant they were one of the most feared.

Yeonjun was terrified of the Chois. He's heard of what they've done and caused, which caused him to shake up on the spot when he encounters a purebred alpha.

He knew that not all of them were bad but most were.

You could say that the Chois were like the mafia. They did and do things they keep away from the public eye but things do get leaked every now and then.

It's been said that they kill anyone on the spot who dares to defy them. If you don't give them what they want; threats, stalking, and killing. It's believed that they involve themselves in illegal activities done during their monthly and if not weekly, business trips overseas.

They're all rumours but who's to say that they're not true?

~

Yeonjun bit his lip. He didn't know what to do or say. Wooyoung noticed and gave him a bittersweet smile.

They both knew this was the moment Yeonjun was waiting for all his life and he'd have to reject his mate. As much as Yeonjun wanted a mate, this one wasn't the one for him.

He had endless thoughts run through his head. He could hear Yeji and another worker prepare and make Choi Soobin's order, but he was completely out of it.

His co-workers left him be. They knew what he was going through and some of the customers who overheard their earlier conversation.

He was lost in his thoughts, not realising how much time went by and the bell chiming.

"Hello. Mr Choi."

Yeonjun blinked out of his thoughts and he saw everyone bowing. He quickly bowed too, hoping that he wasn't caught as the odd one out.

A small smile spread on someone's face, spotting the little omega fidgeting with his fingers.

"Hmm, is my order done?" No expression was on the alpha's face.

"Yes sir."

"Hand the pink bouquet over to my secretary beside me and..." He hesitated for a moment, "...I'll take a small card."

Heeseung, the other part-timer nodded, quickly handing one of the bouquet's over to the stoic secretary, who was a beta before grabbing a peachy card. He placed it on the counter in front of the alpha, leaving a black ink pen for the man to write.

Yeji awkwardly stood with a massive bouquet, filled with every flower in the store, with Wooyoung standing beside her, eyes following every flick of the pen.

Yeonjun couldn't but honestly frown at his supposed mate.

'Who was the bouquet for? Is the pink one for his girlfriend or boyfriend, maybe the big colourful one is for them instead?'

As he thought hard, he didn't realise the card had slipped into the bouquet Yeji held and the alpha and his beta secretary had left.

Published: 15/10/2022

A/n: Happy Birthday Lee Heeseung!! To engenes, our beloved ace is now 21 but he's still a baby to us. He's grown a lot and I hope he and Enhypen spent the rest of the day together, happily.