Chapter 3: The Army!

Ever since he was little, he always wanted to join a specific group of people, charged with guarding the nation! He wanted to join the Army! Their were many exquisite things about joining the army! He could rank up, and achieve the glory he needs and become the number 1 general. He could also rank up in divisions, and become someone to be remebered! Having high amounts of mana would boost his career. However, Victor had no plans to become a new mage academy student. It would only hinder his youth, and would cause him to waste time in an academy that had possible threats. He could just learn it on his own, or get the special training program for the military.

Soon the High Elf returned with a new orb, and told the remaining people that hadn't gone yet, to line back up. Although Victor couldn't see them doing it, he could still sense the elves eyes on him. Years of the street life, and honed him to be able to tell when someone was watching him or not. As people went, and were moved toward their side, he soon saw another interesting individual. A boy, with jet black hair, and blue eyes. He would have been handsome, if he hadn't looked so dirt poor. He looked almost identical to Victor. Victor, poor of the poorest looked better then the kid. He stepped forward with a nervous face and anxiously waited for his turn. Soon the elf motioned towards him, and he moved towards the orb. He touched it with a slightly fearful expression. He touched and it flowed like a bright light bulb. Although it didn't shatter, it was a nice light, and looked okay for his age. He let go what looked like a sigh of relief, and he looked like he had been holding it in. He stepped back, and moved towards the fifth elf , where all the passers stood. He stood a few feet away from Victor, enough for him to study him without being seen. Eventually the line dwindled to a finish, and everyone was standing in there respective side.

"Alright, now that we are finished with the mana measure, I shall request my kind friend to transport that failures back to the town square. Victor, and Oliver, I would like you to follow him" said the High Elf. Although Victor wondered how he knew his name, he decided there was no way he wouldn't. After all you had to sign up, and he had probably used one of his tricks to memorize all their names.

As he was lost in thought the boy from before noticed Victor. He was not however, looking at his future job, but what the next trial would be. Many people wanted to go home, however for the sake of their parents they stayed. Similar thoughts also ran through their minds.

As Victor and the group separated, their remaining children wondered, What happened? Where were the two guys going?

Victor, and the kid from before followed the Elf. Victor looked in mild surprise, and realized the dirt poor guy was named Oliver. As the two continued to move forward they soon walked to a distance where they were out of ear, and eyeshot. The elf suddenly halted. He did a complete U turn and turned to face the two kids following. As they didn't expect this suddenly turn, they boys had kept on walking, but soon, they stopped and ran back towards the elf. The Elf spoke:

"Hello, Victor and Oliver. I am Leo short for Leonardo. I am on of the High Elves that do your mana synchronization test. You were brought with me because, you have exceptionally good mana standards among humans, and here for a special test. Regardless whether you pass or not, you shall immediately be transported back to the finishing zone. You will have exactly ten minutes to complete the test." Only then did the elf pause. Victor pondered over the information they had just got. The Elf continued speaking:

"The test will consist of you attempting to defeat the zombie wave, and then you are required to fight the king zombie. If you pass, you will immediately get a referral to any job of your choice. But if you don't, their will be the penalty of having a magic deacreasing poison injected in you, as you don't deserve the amount of power you have if you can't defeat simple zombies. Understood?"

Without even waiting for a response, the elf snapped his fingers and a portal appeared underneath their feet, and they fell straight through it. As they fell, Victor again saw the weird black color. Instead of disappearing like it had the first time, it instead continued to spread. It was soon all around the portal hole, and it started to enclose him. It kept on getting closer and closer until, the darkness completely covered him, and he was knocked out.

===========================================================================

Author Notes: Nothing new today!