Cʜᴇᴄᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ :ᗪ

ʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, "ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡs.." ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ!

————————————————-

When people say shock causes you to freeze up, they were never wrong. The night I watched my family burn to death inside my childhood home, was the night I learned that shock really does make you freeze up.
Death never really leaves you either too, it'll stick to you for life; the dreadful feeling never going away. I have that night memorized, every second was never forgotten by me.

The screams echoed in my head sometimes, my little brother begging for someone to help him- save him.
But no one could; the firefighters couldn't get into the house. Couldn't get to them.
I can remember my mother's screams, shouting her babies names as all she wanted was them to save us. Save him.
My father, it was too late. His screams were the first screams heard while he was burned alive, cooked alive.

They couldn't even get they're bodies, there was no bodies; just ash.

Ash, ash, ash, and ash..

Most importantly, why did I have to be the one to survive. Why couldn't it of been my little brother? Why couldn't it of been him,  he had a brighter future than me..

"Y/n? Y/n! You there?"

Suddenly, I snapped out of my thoughts before looking at my friend taken back. Right- I was in town with my friend, gabby.

"Uh.. Yeah, sorry"

I smiled awkwardly to her before looking down at my food, rubbing the back of my neck gently. I have a habit of zoning out, getting lost in my head. In my memories.

"Uh huh.. Well anyway, the essay test is Friday and I need your notes from Wednesday for it"

She spoke as she ate her handful of chicken nuggets; smiling happily. A sophomore in college yet ordered a kids meal, is one of the many reasons why I loved gabby.

"For which class? I have Communications I think"

Looking back up at her, I asked as I thought back to Wednesday. I don't believe I took notes in other classes- just Communications.

"Ugh I need Psychology notes"

She tossed her head back; onto the seat as she groaned. Her shoulders slightly slagged; guilt pulling at my heart. She did so much for me, yet what did I ever do for her?

"I'm sorry, I didn't have Psychology on Wednesday; my class was cancelled cause Zach got sick in the middle of that class before mine and puked everywhere"

Empathy- what a funny emotion. It confuses me time to time, because sometimes the person doesn't even deserve my empathy.

Yet because I'm human, I feel empathy.

She just shrugged, sighing before going back to her meal. Frowning, my mood worsened as she did so. Why did she have such a effect on my mood? She didn't mean that much to me.

"Hey I don't feel the best; I think I'm just going to go home" I mumbled as I stood, grabbing my purse before leaving a tip on the table.
She nodded my way before going back to her food; humming.

"Be careful for the serial killer that's running around, they already killed a few down by the creepy part of town; you know the part by the woods?"

Her voice was nearly a whisper- yet held amusement in it. She was trying to spook me, but she also wasn't wrong. There was a killer running around, killing anyone they got a chance to.

Fun right?

Nodding, I turned my back to her as I walked away; heading towards the door. I needed to get away from people for the day, I needed a break.

Ding ding ding

The door's bell rung as I pushed the door open; slipping outside. My hands instantly wrapped around myself as I shivered; the cold breeze causing ghost bumps to cover my skin.

'I should of dressed more warmly, it is fall'
I mentally noted, walking over to my car. Each step I took, seemed to be loud. It was dead silent outside even if I had a loud restaurant behind me; I couldn't hear the people inside and they couldn't hear me.
For some reason, that thought scared me.

Chills went across the back of my neck as I walked down the parking lot; my hand going straight to the back of my neck. My stomach began to turn nervously as I glanced around myself; creeped out.

Snap

The sound startled me- the sound of a twig snapping. However, it wasn't me who stepped on a stick. There was none near me, not at all.
Glancing around, my face grew more pale before I walked a bit faster to my car.
Pulling my keys out, they all chinked against each other as I tried to quickly flip threw them.

Thud.

𝑩𝒂-𝒅𝒖𝒎

Thud.

𝑩𝒂-𝒅𝒖𝒎

Thud.

𝗕𝗔-𝗗𝗨𝗠

THUD.

𝗕𝗔-𝗗𝗨𝗠

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ🖤ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

My heart raced, pounding against my chest as I could hear someone- something, getting closer to me. Finally finding my car key, I quickly unlocked my car and got inside of it; locking it behind me.

Looking out the window, I stared in confusion as I saw no one there. As if a ghost was the one with me in the parking lot.

Shaking my head, I passed it off as my imagination getting the best of me; scaring myself. However my hands were still shaking while I pushed my key into the engine; still shaken up. I couldn't shake the feeling off.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I began to drive down the street before glancing back at the parking lot only to have my breath get stuck in my throat.

𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕠𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞, 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕡𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗𝕗 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞.

————————-