A Lovely Night Out

A short-ish kid, dark brown eyes, tanned skin with a swayed cut that goes up to their neck. Their hair tussled in the wintery bliss as they walked to school with their bag slinged over them. Their wintery, puffy coat, dangle around their waister. While their beanie they had was suffering in the blisters of the cold icicles. 
  The crunch of the snow went under there feet. Step down, step up. 

  Dine looked down on their phone as they slowly changed the music, wondering which best pick the vibe they are feeling right now. There face gave off a uninterested look as they kept heading there way to school.

  HONK!

 Dine shot up in a panic look to see a black car, the windows slowly fell down to see a skeleton, he had sharp teeth, a black jacket with fluffed around where their sleeves were suppose to be. He had a normale t-shir on, and dark black pants. He looked unsurprised. 
   "You know kid, you aren't going to make it to school in time." Papyrus said in a monotonous tone. 
 Dine gave a cocky smirk, " Pfft, I know. It's my signature thing." 
Papyrus rolled his eye orbs and looked Dine, "You're going to fail school like that."
Dine stared at Papyrus for a second before looking down and smiled, "Why does it matter to you? The last time I check I was a bother to you." Dine replied as they kept walking. Papyrus gave a low growl at Dine's stubborness. But it's not like he's any different. He drove up a bit. 
  "Look! I'm just doing this because the kid was worried for you, ok?!"

   Dine eyes shifted and stared at Papyrus. Worried about them? No. It can't be right? Dine knows that kid, Chara. They- They care a lot about them, even trust them to a point. Thats the only reason why they know about Papyrus and his little brother Sans. 
 The snow fell on the hood of the car, while Papyrus gave a sassy expression over to Dine. Dine know what it means. They blew hair off of there face and looked at Papyrus in a side eye angle., ".. Look. The whole neighborhood knows whats goin' on with you and your family." Papyrus started off. 

  Dine immedietly looked down and bit there lip, only giving quick glances at Papyrus. Dine clenched their hands, until it went pale. They were upset. But they knew they couldn't keep hiding this big like, it was obvious, so, so obvious.
  Dine couldn't even keep this one secret under wraps, and that whats upset them the most.  
 "We.. We know whats happenin' with your.. Mom, Dine.. You're not great at hiding things at all." Papyrus explained. Dine gave a shaky smile and their eyes watered up, their sleeve went up to there eyes as they tried to shake off this feeling. 
 "Why do you care?" They able to make out as their hands shook. 
Papyrus looked at Dine. "I--.. I care because Chara cares. " 
He hesitated. Why did he hesitated? Well, it didnt matter to Dine. They gave one last sniffle as they stopped crying. 

   Dine looked at Papyrus once last time. "Alright.. Let me in." The muttered in defeat as they walked over to the passenger seat. "Thank god.." He sighed as he clicked open the lock to let Dine in.
 Dine slumped over on the passenger seat as Papyrus started the car. The tension wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was just pure silence. Papyrus turned up the music as he drove to Dine's school.
  "When did you learned how to drive?" Dine spoke up, staring at the window. "Eh. It wasn't that hard. Got my license a week or two ago." He answered.

  Dine sat up and looked at Papyrus, and stared at him. "Why don't you go to school?" They asked.  "I- What..!?" He chocked  on his words. "O-Oh. Did I ask something too--"
"N-No you-you didn't.." Papyrus immedietly cut off Dine and gave a quick glance at them. "Wh-What made you ask that type of question..?" He asked as he kept driving. Dine looked at the sky and looked at Papyrus.
  They shrugged, "Aren't you also a teen?" 
"Well- Yes- B-But my age differs from humans. And regarding your question. I'm.. I'm well over-qualified to be in school." He said with a bit of melancholy in his voice. 
 "You are??" Dine questioned as if it was an amazement to them. Papyrus stared at Dine like they were dumb.  He just squeezed his temples and made a stop. "Look, your school is here ok."