"That's not fair!"

Start from the beginning

"For the first time in forever, we're no longer shut outside." Jet looked over to the girl as she began to play and she nodded in encouragement for him to continue. "For the first time in forever, the gates are open wide. Oh, I know it all ends tomorrow so it has to be today. 'Cause for the first time in forever, for the first time in forever, nothing's in my way."

Everyone began to clap and Scarlett grinned, she missed the piano... even if she only played it just a few days ago. Jet didn't stick around to take in the applause though, he quickly turned around, bolting out of the barn as everyone watched him in awe and confusion. What just happened?

"I have chills," Ricky stated as he pulled the arm of his snowsuit up to prove his point.

______

Scarlett smiled warmly, her arm linked with EJ's as they walked away from the barn after auditions. "You killed it today." He complimented. "I know it's not up to me, but you're gonna be Anna." He lowered his voice playfully as he leaned in closer and she laughed, shoving his shoulder with her own.

"Thanks." Scarlett chuckled again as she shook her head a little. "Today was an interesting audition day. I mean..." She began to put on a British accent, one he had done earlier that day when auditions were just about to begin. "It was a bit of a blimey mess, mate."

EJ scrunched his face in embarrassment. "Okay, yeah. Val told me to act like I knew what I was doing, and clearly, no accent can hide the fact that I am totally and completely drowning up here."

"Oh, my gosh, you aren't drowning... Maybe no more acting though." She smiled up at him as they walked. "Just be yourself."

He laughed, "I don't think anyone wants that."

"Ms Jenns aren't built in a day. You'll be great." She shook his arm slightly. "And you have help, right?" Scarlett looked down toward the floor before back in front of her. "You have Val."

EJ smiled, "Yeah, Val's the best."

She sighed slightly, "Seriously, EJ, if you're too stressed about directing this summer, I don't wanna give you something else to be worried about, so maybe you and I should just play it cool..." Scarlett began and EJ shook his head quickly as he moved in front of her so she'd stop walking and look at him.

"Hey." He grabbed her hands. "You and me, it's the only thing I'm not worried about." He chuckled slightly. "But maybe it's not the worst idea if we kept a professional distance at rehearsals."

Scarlett nodded her head, a playful twinkle in her eyes. She hummed in acknowledgement, "Yeah. Several feet apart, no hand holding," She pulled their conjoined hands up before leaning back, his arms tensing as he held her up before pulling her back. "Definitely no meaningful eye contact."

EJ smirked as he leaned in a little closer, staring into her eyes. "You mean, like this." He teased and she laughed, pushing his head away before dragging him back to where they were supposed to be going.

"Are we going to the pool?" She questioned as he matched her pace and he nodded. "I'll beat you there."

EJ shook his head, "No, you-" Before he could finish his sentence Scarlett pushed him backwards before running toward the pool and EJ regained his balance before racing after her, "No fair!" Scarlett squealed as she ran and EJ grabbed her hips once he reached her again, pulling her into him as she laughed, attempting to push him away.

"That's not fair!"

______

It was night now, and the honeycomb was lit up with a few lamps and fairy lights as people got ready for bed. Scarlett swung her legs as she dangled them off the top bunk of her and Maddox's bed. Gina then came out of the bathroom, looking down at the empty bed that belonged to the missing girl. "Hey, did Maddox ever come back after dinner?"

She shrugged her shoulders as Gina moved over to the swing next to Kourtney and Ashlyn's bed. "She probably has some super-top-secret important camp tradition business to attend to," Kourtney replied and Ashlyn nodded.

"Is it bad to say she's kind of a lot?" She stated slowly as if she was nervous about the other's replies. "And that's coming from me, someone who is also a lot."

Scarlett laughed as she shook her head in disagreement. "Come on, guys, Maddox is great. She just wants all of us to bond and be friends and go along with her cool rituals."

Ashlyn leaned over her bunk to look down at Kourtney, who was also looking at her with the same expression. "Mmm-hmm." They replied in sync and Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Guys, she's harmless," Gina stated before Valentina let out a loud snore as she changed her sleeping position to be facing the wall. "All she does is sleep!"

Scarlett chuckled, "Pretty much."