"A what?"

Scarlett quietly closed the door to the honeycomb behind her: everyone was still sleeping, or at least they seemed to be, apart from Maddox, who was nowhere to be found. She grinned as she spotted EJ sitting on one of the benches outside of the barn and she hurried over with a bounce in her step. "Oh, my gosh!" She gushed dramatically as she climbed the stairs, swinging on one of the pillars that held up the roof. "Is that EJ Caswell from Disney+'s Frozen: The Musical: The Series?" She placed a hand over her mouth in pretend shock as he chuckled.

"They would never call the show that. It's way too long and complicated as a title." He replied, shaking his head and holding out a mug toward her, 'East High Morning Show' written on the front. She looked down at the mug for a moment as she sat down, who would take over the morning show back at school now EJ had left? I mean, she could find someone else to do it with her, but she only did it because he had asked her, not because she actually wanted to.

Scarlett smiled as she turned to face EJ, who looked down at the clipboard in his lap. "Couldn't sleep?"

"I figured I'd get a start on panicking early, you know, seeing as I am now the one who has to direct the first-ever student production of Frozen that will air in, I don't know, 63 countries?" He answered, taking a sip from his mug nervously before sighing.

Scarlett placed a hand on his knee, "Well, I am not panicking at all." She encouraged. "You're gonna be the best director Camp Shallow Lake and those 63 countries have ever seen."

EJ scoffed slightly but was still grateful for her words. "Thank you, but you have zero proof to back that theory up."

She placed a hand on her heart, "I'm sorry, can I just believe in the potential of my incredibly smart, widely talented boyfriend?" She questioned jokingly, prodding his cheek.

"Well, you forgot handsome?" He replied playfully and Scarlett laughed.

"And arrogant it seems."

EJ rolled his eyes as he shoved her shoulder gently. "Can you believe Ricky showed up?"

Scarlett gasped, hitting his arm quickly as she nodded. "I know! How crazy was that, it was not what I was expecting to hear from Valentina when I got back."

"How is Val doing?" He questioned, remembering her more than terrified look from last night.

Scarlett chuckled slightly as she took another sip from her mug. "Actually not too bad, I think she'll be a camp fanatic by the end of it."

EJ scoffed, "As if."

"I really think she will." She said before looking over at the boy, catching his eye. "Okay, so maybe not a fanatic." She added on. "When are you going to tell everyone you're directing the show?" She asked, lifting one of her eyebrows, a habit she seemed to have picked up from somewhere.

EJ hesitated for a moment. "Soon, at auditions, but will you, like, not say anything until then?" He asked slowly, as if nervous about her reply. Scarlett smiled warmly, holding out her hand for him to take as if to silent reply that she'd keep his secret. He took it gratefully, dropping their hands to his knee as their attention was brought over to Maddox who played an instrument Scarlett wasn't aware of. "Hey-o! I'm so glad you're hearing the bugle." EJ grinned as she looked in confusion at the girl across the field.

"A what?" She questioned as she continued to stare.

"It's like the best start to the day."

As Maddox finished the small piece she played she lifted her arms into the air. "Rise and Shine, Newbies! You're on Shallow Lake time now! Whoo!" She shouted enthusiastically before turning and noticing the couple. "Oh, hey, guys!"