Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

“Wont your own teacher miss you in their class?” he tried again.

“Nope,” I muttered and stared out the window while Eva shared a text book with Harper and pretended to read it but her foot was bouncing under the table.

“Why are you so hyper today?” I frowned, looking up at her as she glanced over at me, her eyes looking more tired now than just before.

“I'm not,” she muttered and stifled a yawn.

“You should never listen to Stevie’s stupid ideas,” Harper grunted to her and shook his head, he knew something I didn’t.

I don’t know why but I didn’t want to leave her alone, there was something off about her and near the end of her second class – which was my original first class, she was yawning flat out and winding down, her energy draining away and it became more obvious just how tired she was when she kept closing her eyes.

“Eva!” Ms drew slapped her long ruler down on Eva’s desk, I instantly glared up at her and growled as Eva jumped awake, looking up startled, her bags under her eyes getting even worst. “Uh, n-nothing,” Ms Drew stuttered and hurried to the front of the room.

“Tell me now, why where you up all night?” Brody demanded; leaning over to her desk and looking her in the eyes, I stopped myself from growling.

She shook her head and mumbled, “I wasn’t.”

“Liar,” he shot back and she looked away.

The bell rang and she slowly packed away her stuff as Brody walked off, leaving her behind and she shot him an annoyed look. Growing impatient since we were now the last ones left in the room, I gently shoved her hands away and packed her stuff up into her bag with record speed and slung it over my shoulder since I never brought a bag or books to school.

I don’t know why but I found myself holding my hand out to her for her to take it and as I realised this I was about to pull it away but her small warm hand slid into mine and my fingers curled around hers with a mind of their own. She smiled sleepily up at me and I found myself smiling back before I led her out of the classroom.

I had already decided she had had enough of school and I was taking her back to my place for the day and then I would drop her off home later. By the time we reached the locked front double doors, everyone was already in class and there wasn’t one single person in sight, so all I did was grab the handle and shoved with a little of my weight behind it and the lock broke.

Smiling to myself because Grug was going to be ticked but I didn’t care, I should have a key of some sort to come and go as I please.

“Where are we going?” Eva asked quietly as she looked around.

“Back to my place, we can watch movies,” I suggested and then frowned; this will be the first time I have ever sat down and watched a movie. I know the agreement was I would continue school until I graduated but there is nothing against skipping a day to chill out.

“Okay,” She mumbled as I opened the passenger door to Keith’s jeep I was still borrowing, I have to remember to go buy myself a new car later when I take Eva home but this jeep has memories for me now. I wonder if he will let me buy it off him and he can go buy a new car; even though this isn’t fast enough for me or my usual style.

“Why did you want to see me this morning?” I asked once we were away from the school.