Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

Travis looked at me but said nothing as he turned to face his sister again, “C’mon, grab your bag, you’re going home,” he muttered, sounding exhausted and he noticed my confused look and smiled slightly, shaking his head, “When you’re woken up early to Eva and Brody throwing shoes at Grant, then Eva and Stevie carrying on about cannon balls and bags and sidekicks, you’re not really in the mood for anything else.”

Chris started chuckling as he and Eva shared a high five, then he stopped and frowned, “Did I just replace Stevie?”

Eva laughed shortly and nodded, “And you did such a good job that I'm thinking of giving you a permanent position,” she even went as far as patting him on the head, which he shoved her hand away and gave her an annoyed look. I would never have thought I would live to see the day Chris acts like a normal person and not the school bully.

He opened his mouth to respond but I growled cutting him off, “What did you even want Eva?” I snapped, instantly regretting taking my anger out on her as hurt flashed in her eyes for the briefest second before she narrowed them.

“I wanted to see you and couldn’t be bothered walking all over school,” she snapped back, “But now I'm in big trouble, so I guess I’ll see you when I come back,” and she folded her arms over her chest.

Groaning loudly, “You’re not going anywhere,” I mumbled and walked into Grug’s office, I feel more like a parent right now than her mate and that’s not good. Grug looked up instantly and looked extremely nervous, “Cancel Eva’s suspension right now, you were a fool for thinking I wouldn’t find out,” I snapped loudly, my anger leaking into my tone.

He opened his mouth to dibble some pathetic excuse but I cut him off, “And tell that stinking cousin of yours to stay the heck off my land!” my voice thundered around the small room, vibrating the windows and I'm sure every wolf in this area heard the power and command in that single sentence.

Everyone knew Jack Nelson was not welcomed here under any circumstances, I don’t care how ‘nice’ or ‘fun’ Eva thinks he is, it is still all his fault my mum died, the reason why my dad went from being one of the most powerful Alpha’s to a broken shell, the reason I had to challenge my dad for this position that has ruled my teenage life and changed me into what I am today.

Don’t get me wrong, the power is great and I love being an Alpha but there are small moments in time when I wished I wasn’t, so I could just be chilled and have fun without worrying about everything else and now because of the way I’ve lived, my own mate doesn’t even like me the way I like her.

Giving Grug one last glare he nodded quickly and I turned and stormed out, not looking at anyone but I heard footsteps chase me down and I knew it was Eva before I even looked. She said nothing as she had to practically jog to keep up with me, so I slowed down and she offered me a small smile but still said nothing.

My wolf was howling on the inside at the fact she was basically by my side right now but I knew it wasn’t like that at all, I knew better than to hold any hope that it will ever be like that one day, friends is the most I'm ever going to get out of her.

We had different first classes but I walked her to her class and opened the door, daring her teacher to object at our lateness as I decided to join her in this class and he just watched me. Harper looked up and frowned but said nothing as Eva slid into the spare seat alongside him and I pulled a chair up and sat next to her but in the aisle.

“Mr Redford, do you plan on doing any work in my class?” the teacher asked in an annoyed tone.

Eva bit her lip to stop herself from laughing and I rolled my eyes, I could always feel myself relaxing around her sometimes, “Nope.”