Chapter 20 - Final Selection

Start from the beginning

———————————————————————

"Please take care of these swords, they are precious, especially that one." Jade pointed at the neon sword in Diana's hand. Diana and Daisy nodded and placed the swords in their sheaths, which is on their waists connected to a belt.

The trio hugged one last time, Jade patting their heads. The trio sadly parted and the girls soon start to run towards the direction of Final Selection, stopping to wave to Jade one more time.

Jade waving back with a small smile on her face, "Bye Master Jade! We'll be back! Take care of Yukio for us and thank you for the swords!" Daisy shouted, Diana nodding.

Jade calls back to them, "Bye girls! Please come back home soon.." Jade shouted with a sad look. The two girls threw her a thumbs up and turned around to start running.

Jade places a hand to her heart, 'Oh my dear friend.. watch over those two for me. And keep them safe from harm. Guide them through your sword.' Jade thought, soon muttering a prayer.

———————————————————————

The two girls were now walking on a path, wisteria trees surrounding them on either side. "Whoa... all these wisteria flowers.. they're so beautiful!" Daisy muttered, stopping and admiring a hanging wisteria flower that was near her face.

"I got to grow these when I have the chance!" Daisy exclaimed with a fascinated smile. Diana turns to her with a sad smile.

"These Wisteria trees remind me of home. I can't even remember home since we've never been home for five years. And possibly more." Diana muttered sadly. Daisy turns to her with a sad look and pats her back in an attempt to comfort her.

The two girls have been so immersed in their new life that they completely forgotten about their old innocent one. Where they were protected. When the girls were little, around the time where everything was normal and Yukio's family wasn't killed.

They lived in a small village that was surrounded by wisteria trees. Planted by Diana's grandma and the other villagers there. Before, when Diana and Daisy were still infants. The village didn't have any wisteria trees and weren't very aware of the presence of vampires.

It was blurry but, Diana could remember a lady saving everyone by reminding them of danger. However she couldn't remember the ladies name or attire, just her eyes. Which were a sharp bright yellow, animal like.

Diana shook herself out of her thoughts and turns to Daisy, "All that is in the past. And we can never return back. Let's go now." Muttered Diana, stepping forward and climbing up the stairs to Final Selection.

Daisy looks at her with a sad look before quickly following her. "Hey wait up!" Daisy shouted, Diana looks at her and slows down. Daisy now catching up and walking up the stairs with Diana.

When Daisy and Diana reached up the steps, their eyes widen in surprise to see multiple people waiting in front of them. In groups or in their own groups.

Diana and Daisy took the time to look around at the students and people who were there with them. Multiple students with scars and messy Haori's. A few students have caught the girls eyes though.

A tall and muscular boy with raven black hair and in a dark purple haori, he also had greenish-bluish eyes. Diana and Daisy turn away from him with slightly red faces, he was quite handsome and intimidating. The boy also had a look of anger and determination on his face.

A girl who looked about their age with brown skin and dark green eyes, with long black hair. She was wearing a dull blue haori, and her hair was slightly messy. She had a scared look.

Another boy that caught the girls's eyes was a boy that had curly and short hair, it was red, the girls wonder if it was natural or he dyed it. He had violet eyes and he was wearing a haori that was a darker green than Daisy's. He had a nervous look on his face.

"Wow.. Jade told us that there would be others but I didn't expect this much!" Diana stated, looking at Daisy after looking at a few other people.

"Well, we're all here for one thing right? To become Vampire slayers." Daisy pointed out, the sound of a gong caught the two girls attention, along with everyone else's.

There stood two children who looked like twins, in front of a large wisteria tree, holding paper lanterns and in white haori's. The children had long black hair and yellow bow ties. They look alike to each other.

On the children's faces were birthmarks in the pattern of claw marks on their cheeks, the children also had small white ears poking out of their head. Diana and Daisy assumed they were accessories.

The children didn't have normal eyes however, the children had sharp yellow-orangish eyes that looked like an animals. Their pupils were slits. However their face was calm.

Behind the twins was a boy who had odd hair. Hair that was purple with a highlight of dull orange.

His hair was very short and fluffy, he also had glasses with a swirly symbol on the top of his head. He was also wearing a moon clip in his hair.

The boy also had slightly oversized clothes in dark purple. The boy had a calm look on his face, even a small smile.

He looked about 16 years old. He also looked like a vampire slayer with two sheaths on both sides of his waist, being a dual wielder.

Turns out the boy was the one who rung the gong to get everyone's attention. "Everyone."

"Thank you for coming here tonight. To the Vampire Slayer Corps Final Selection." The Children said in union. Their voices overlapping each other. They seemed to sound the same, they also looked about 5 years old so the girls could see why.

"There are vampires imprisoned here on this mountain. Captured and forced into here alive by Vampire Slayer swordsmen and swordswomen. And unable to leave, ever." One of the children stated, she had a small smile on her face. It kinda freaked the duo out.

"That is because wisteria, which you all know, that vampires hate so much, blooms year round from the bottom and half way up the mountain." The other child said, their voice a little low instead of high pitch, so Diana and Daisy concluded that the child is a boy.

"However, there are no wisteria beyond this point on, and so vampires abound." The female twin said.

"You'll all need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection." The male twin said, a small grin forming on his face, which unsettled almost everyone in front of them.

"And now. Be on your way." The two said in union and slowly bowed, the boy behind them looked at the two and rang the gong again.

Diana and Daisy tense immediately once the young boy rang the gong. This is it. This is where the test starts, a test that might result in their death if they're not careful enough.

Taisho Secrets/Rumors:

• The twins that were present in the chapter work in the corps with their other siblings.

• A Hashira was present in this chapter, so were future hashiras.

• The ears on the twins weren't accessories, they were real ears. More lore behind them later on in the story.