Chapter 17 - Tanuki The Feline

——————Starting Chapter 17———————

———————————————————————

Diana and Daisy look up at the cat in confusion, when did a cat get in here? And so quietly too! Diana and Daisy stood up and lowered their swords. Which they had raised when they heard the cat mew.

The cat narrowed it's eyes down at the two, 'To think that Jade has so much faith in you two. And you're just going to give up that easily?' The cat thought angrily, it saw how much potential the two girls had. It also saw how easily the two girls, especially Diana, can give up.

"Hey.. I've seen that cat before!" Diana exclaimed with a surprised look, Daisy turns to her with a puzzled look.

"Did you adopt a random cat, Diana?" Asked Daisy, placing her sword back on her waist. Diana shook her head and looks back up at the cat, who was letting out a low hissing sound, that was kind of unsettling for a cat.

"No. I didn't. But throughout our three years in Jades care, I saw this cat. It was always watching us." Diana said, pointing at the cat.

"You think it's Master Jades?" Asked Daisy, Diana shook her head and slightly glares at the cat. The cat glaring back at her, still making that low hissing sound.

"No, I only see this cat whenever we were training. It would always be hiding. And Jade wouldn't even feel it's presence, not to mention that we never saw this cat around the estate." Explained Diana.

The cat hissed and jumped down the crystal, unsheathing it's claws and lunging at Diana. Diana's eyes widen in shock and she lets out a scream when the cat landed on her face, clawing at her cheeks and nose, nearly clawing out her eyes.

Daisy shouted Diana's name and runs towards her, soon attempting to get the cat off of her by reaching towards the cat with both of her hands. The cat stopped its attack on Diana to hiss at Daisy and pounce away from her reach, leaving Diana.

Daisy looked at the cats bulky retreating figure and turns her attention to Diana, "Diana! Are you okay? That cat didn't scratch out your eyeballs did it??" Asked Daisy.

Diana shook her head, on her face were a few small scratch marks from the cat, some dark scratch marks littering her cheeks and forehead. "That damn cat nearly scratched out my eyeballs!" Diana screeched and pulled out her sword, soon pointing it at the angry cat.

Daisy's eyes widen and she quickly stands in front of Diana, getting in her way of the cat who was now licking its paws and waiting for Diana to run at it. "Whoa whoa, let's calm down Diana. It's just a cat!" Daisy stated, gesturing to the cat behind her. Who had a smug look.

Diana could feel a vein pop in annoyance, pointing her sword at the cat, "That furball nearly made me blind! And do you not see how smug it looks?! It looks proud of itself for pulling that stunt on me!" Diana shouted with an angry look.