Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen: [Extra 3.4] The Struggle of Katrina Dunning
(Part IV)

Ralph Armitage.

He belonged to a special task force called the shadows of the Royal Family. On the surface, he appeared to be one of the knights.

As the third son of Margrave Armitage, he inherited his father’s title of a viscount.

He was twenty years old, single, and had lost his fiancée in the past. Not only that, he had been serving as Uriel’s shadow for five years and was considered the most faithful.

An incredible beauty with black hair and red eyes.

…As a side note, the voice actor for his character in the game was hugely popular. It was said that he could impregnate you through his voice alone. Besides, after looking at his character design, I had high expectations for him.

According to the game, after the first event in which Uriel’s favorability towards the heroine increased, he’d secretly attached Ralph to Katrina as an escort.

Ralph’s route would be unlocked as a hidden character after capturing Uriel. Later, when starting a new game, a new branch would appear. Not to mention, the option to ‘Accept the invitation for the evening party from the neighboring kingdom’ in Uriel’s route would also disappear.

Had the player chosen to accept the invitation, they’d immediately trigger Uriel’s yandere route.

In said route, Uriel would proceed to confine the heroine. Afterward, she wouldn’t be able to escape and would be impregnated by him.

Uriel’s yandere route was genuinely sick.

Hold on.

No way, the fact that Lady Emmeline is put under house arrest…

…This has to be a joke. Besides, the evening party of the neighboring kingdom wouldn’t be held until later.

Therefore, I was probably overthinking. Well, even if that was the case, it was probably a coincidence!

Thus, I regained my composure.

Now that I was in Viscount Ralph Armitage’s route, his first event, ‘The Demonic Uproar in the Church’, would occur. Actually, the culprit behind the commotion was just a stray dog. However, it was an important event. Upon witnessing the heroine attempting to protect the children, Ralph becomes attracted to her.

But how am I supposed to invite him to the church?

Usually, I’d just casually ask, “Why don’t we go to the church together?”

I glanced at Ralph.

At a glance, he was seemingly emotionless. Nevertheless, even that expression of his was lovely. 

Yes, as expected of a handsome guy. A good-looking guy will remain good-looking, regardless of his expression.

I wanted to hear his voice.

I wanted to hear his waist-breaking voice.

“Sir Armitage, as you already know, this is Baroness Katrina Dunning. In return for her cooperation in the church raid, she’d like to meet you. I’d like you to spend time with her for a while.”

“…Understood.”

There was a glimpse of considerable conflict in his expression before the reply. Nevertheless, I got to hear his voice! Even if it was merely a word, I could listen to his voice!

I can’t stand this! I want him to whisper in my ear!

But… But I might get pregnant? Still, how wonderful would that be!

“…”

…Ahhh!

Ralph’s silent rejection was unmistakable.

Still, to be glared at with such utter resentment by those red eyes…

Despise me more!

“…You’re truly stubborn.”

“…I’m honored by your compliment!”

“How is that a compliment?”

“Thank you!”

Upon listening to our banters, Uriel grew increasingly concerned.

Excuse me for a second.

“Then, Sir Armitage, I’ll leave the rest to you.”

“Understood.”

As Uriel and his entourage left the room, Ralph saw them off with a perfect bow. 

Again, how wonderful.

The door was left ajar while the two maids of the Royal Palace waited in the room. 

Of course, I was aware of how scandalous it’d appear in the noble society if an unmarried man and woman were to be alone in a closed room. I truly hated how strict the aristocrats were sometimes.

However, I was aware of the truth. Instead of being a form of consideration towards me, it was a measure for Ralph to avoid scandals.

Other than Ralph, Uriel must have also been distrustful of me.

Well, it was to be expected after everything that was said and done. Up until recently, I had been spouting outrageous and meaningless words.

Nevertheless, even if so, it was my only chance to have a conversation with my long-cherished secret character.

Whether or not he’d meet me again depended on this moment.

“Nice to meet you! My name’s Katrina Dunning. I’ve always wanted to meet you, Lord Ralph!”

“…It’s Ralph Armitage. You’ve been mistaken since the beginning. An aristocrat’s first name shouldn’t be used by anyone other than his family or fiancée.”

“Oh, that’s right, my apologies…”

Uh oh. It’s only the beginning, but I’ve already gotten myself scolded.

But Lady Sylvia and the others were fine with how I addressed them…

…Still, what an incredible voice! Talk some more!

“Despite this being our first meeting, I’m fully aware of how rude this may sound. Still, let me say this—I wouldn’t have met you had His Highness not ordered me to do so. I want you to understand that there won’t be a second time.”

“I know, already. I also know that you’re angry with me after everything I’ve done to Lady Emmeline. Despite so, she was kind enough not to blame me. As such, if anyone were to condemn me for it, I just thought that it’d be you.”

“…What?”

Ralph probably didn’t expect that from me. As a result, his ruby red eyes widened in shock and suspicion.