Chapter 12

Emmeline's POV:

“When Uriel invited you to the graduation party, be sure to accept it! Then, when he begged, do so as well! Otherwise, you’ll be forced into lifelong confinement!”

Ahhh! Eh!? By confinement, was this what she meant!? But isn’t the change in the topic too drastic!? In the first place, how did Lady Katrina know about it!? The saint is impressive!

The amazement I felt immediately transformed into horror. While clinging to Katrina’s lifesaving advice, I cleared my throat, which was stuffy and stiff like stone.

“Of… Of course, Your Highness, I also yearn for you—”

“That’s not enough.”

“Eh!? Not… Not enough… Not enough!? Uhm…”

Our dance was interrupted because His Highness had invited me to the terrace. The cold night breeze refreshed me in the dimly-lit and quiet venue.

…First and foremost, I’d like him to stop staring at me with bated breath. In the next moment, I timidly looked up at him.

His Highness was mumbling to himself. “I didn’t see this coming… What should I do anymore? Is this also a trial?” I wondered what had happened to him.

Well, there was a more pressing matter right now.

Be brave, me!

“Your Highness… I love you.”

It’s so embarrassing!

My entire body must be dyed red. I was glad that he took me to the terrace.

His Highness, who had been silent for a while, embraced me tightly. His husky voice echoed in my earlobe. It had an indescribable charm to it.

…I feel odd. I must’ve gone crazy.

“Emmeline, say it once again.”

“…I love you.”

“Once again.”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too. From the bottom of my heart. You, and only you.”

“—Hmmm!?”

His fingertips, which were once caressing my cheek, went to the back of my head. When I wondered why His Highness’ amethyst eyes were closed, my lips were already sealed.

The moist and wet feelings came from His Highness’ lips. My body trembled due to the intense sensation. As we perfectly locked lips, he changed the angle repeatedly, as if devouring me.

The sweet unknown aching that snuck into my chest made me afraid. But before I could think about it, His Highness strengthened his embrace. Surrounded by the familiar scent of His Highness, I felt dizzy, as if intoxicated.

When I couldn’t breathe, he finally let go of my lips. His Highness licked the gloss that had covered his own lips with his bright red tongue. It was terribly sexy, and I couldn’t stop staring at him.

As I thought, I may have gone crazy…

“Let’s go to my room. My father has permitted me to leave.”

Before I knew it, His Highness lifted me up to leave the venue.

***

“No matter how you look at it, isn’t His Highness just being possessive~?” said Katrina.

“Precisely. The dress His Highness has tailored for Lady Arkwright is purple, the same color as his eyes. To match His Highness’ hair, a blue spinel jewel has been sewn with silver embroidery. In addition, this is the first time that all jewelry pieces were made with amethyst. For her entire body to be dyed with His Highness’ color, you can see the deep attachment he has towards her.” said Sylvia.

“All I can feel is his heavy obsession…” said Katrina.

“But Lady Emmeline probably isn’t aware of that yet,” said Thaddeus.

“Hence I said, Lady Emmeline, is pure and cute. Besides, the reason why Lady Emmeline didn’t realize it the whole time is because of His Highness’ negligence.” said Sylvia.

“Well said, Lady Sylvia. It’s all His Highness’ fault for being so incompetent.” said Seraphina.

“Truer words were never spoken, Lady Seraphina.” said Ezekiel.

“Lady Sylvia…” said Thaddeus.

“Uwaaa! What’s with these couples?” said Katrina.

The couples were gracefully laughing at each other.

Thaddeus and Ezekiel, who should’ve defended the Crown Prince, agreed to their fiancées without thinking. Albeit, their expressions seemed a bit panicked…

Katrina decided not to participate in the conversation. After all, whether or not she disagreed, the princes’ aides would pander to their fiancées.

“Still, I’m glad that she managed to avoid the Confinement End.”

Thaddeus and Ezekiel secretly sent cheers to Uriel in their hearts, were too busy trembling to notice Katrina’s murmuring.

***

Time rewound a little.

“Ah, I failed~ I sent that invitation because I heard their relationship has gone cold. Who would’ve thought that he’s doting on her all along?”

The boy subsequently tossed it on his desk after skimming through the complaint that the Kingdom of Vesta sent. Then, he glared at the older man who was laughing at him.

“Grandpa, you’re laughing too much.”

“How laughable. It says a lot about your ability if you’re ready to throw the gloves with just this.”

“Even if you say that—”

“If you truly deemed her worthy, then do absolutely anything to take her away. If you can’t bring yourself to do so, it’s best just to give up.”

The older man who made fun of him turned his chin away. Thus, the boy picked up the complaint statement once again.

“…But it may lead to a war?”

“All is fair in love and war, so no problem.”

“Even if it’s the Kingdom where my grandaunt was married?”

“It matters not. We just have to bring her back.”

“Is that so? But will my father forgive me?”

“As a Lord, I’m sure that your father has had his shares of depriving others of their possessions, as well.”

“Hahaha, certainly.”

The mother of the boy, one of the concubines, was snatched by the Crown Prince the night before her wedding. The boy’s father, who was now the emperor, had stolen about ten concubines so far.

“I see, then I shall snatch her away.”

The boy wrapped his hand around the letter with a smile akin to that of a naughty child. In the next moment, it was engulfed in black flame. In the blink of an eye, it burned without a trace.

“For the time being, I shall go meet her in secret. Fufu. Wait for me, older sister Emmeline.”

The older man stared at the boy, who muttered so quietly and chuckled.