Chapter Eight: Only Tuesday

I sat at an empty table with my notebook and my lunch and wrote.

All of a sudden I saw someone sit next to me with my peripheral vision.

It was Charles.

"Guess what?" He said.

I got excited.

"What?" I said.

"I got a girlfriend!" He said.

I turned around in my chair. "Oh."

I said and got up. I threw my lunch away and ran to the bathroom.

I locked myself in one of the stalls and slammed my head on the door. I felt warm tears roll down my face. I dropped down to the cold floor and held my forehead in my hands. All of a sudden I heard the door open. I held my stomach to quiet down.

That was one of the worst cries-the one where you feel it in your throat and your eyes become blurry from the tears.

I heard a familiar voice say my name. "Are you ok? You looked really upset!" It said.

I cleared my throat but my voice broke anyway.

"Yeah I'm good." I lied.

I stood up and leaned against the door.

"I know the feeling." She said.

"What feeling?" I asked.

"The one when someone makes you feel special and then suddenly leaves you hanging and you have to act like you don't care at all." She replied.

I unlocked the stall and came out. It was Natalie.

I saw my red puffy eyes in the mirror. She ran and gave me a hug. "It's okay." She said.

"I mean I wouldn't go that far since it was just a crush, but I guess so." I said.

"Don't ruin the moment!" She said as she pulled me closer and we laughed.

~~~
The rest of the day was filled with gray skies.

I was laughed at when I accidentally walked out of the bathroom with a stray piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

I got less than a 93 on one of my assignments (that really made me mad).

I stepped in mud with my new Converse.

I really hated school today.

And it's only Tuesday.
~~~
I looked in the mirror late at night.

I pulled at my cheeks and sucked in my stomach.

I can't believe it.

Am I too fat all of a sudden? Am I too mean? Did I have spinach in my teeth? What's wrong with me?

All of a sudden I got a message from Wattpad.

It was from Charles.

Him: I'm sorry

I slammed my laptop shut and flopped on to my bed and thought until I fell asleep.

Meh.
Love, Mere