Chapter Six: Two Invitations in One Day

I walked down the hallway with Trinity. "Nice." I said. She blushed. "Thanks." She answered. "Tell him." I said after a moment of silence. She looked up from the floor. "Tell him what?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "That you like him! Yolo." She stopped in her tracks. "Ok first, never say that again," she said with a smile and then pulled me over. "And how do I do that?" I realized what she was saying without saying it. I had no experience with boys! What did I know about telling them I like them? I shook my head slowly and frowned. "Never mind! Uh...let's just go to class." I pulled her along to class and sat down next to her. Carson came in and sat in my usual spot. I felt so awkward. They kept glancing at one another the whole time. I wonder what it feels like to like someone, I thought.
~~~~
A few minutes before the bell rang, Mrs. Emory called us up one by one to return out stories back to us with grades on them. "I have to say that I'm surprised," she started. "All of you did and amazing job. There is not one person who got lower than an A in this class." I was the last person to walk up to her, just as the bell rang. "Wait just a minute, Aspen," she said as I was leaving. I turned on my heels and walked back. "Yes?" I asked. She gave me a huge smile. "Aspen, you have an amazing talent of writing! I would like you to enter one of Robert Jr.'s contests. Here's a flyer." She said and handed me an orange piece of paper. "Thanks," I said and then ran out. I sat down in math and started reading it.

CREATIVE WRITING CONTEST
Do you like to write? Would you like to be published? If you do, then this contest is for you! The book that wins (can be any genre) is published and gets a 20 dollar Barnes and Noble gift card. Entries are due May 18. Have fun!

All of a sudden the paper was snatched out of my hands. I looked up to see Ms. Brown, our math teacher, staring at the piece of paper. "Ah. You're interested in writing, I see?" she said. "Uh, y-yes m-ma'am." I stuttered. A bunch of other kids laughed at me. I blushed. "Good. Sorry to scare you, I was just making sure it wasn't your phone or a love note or something like that." She said smirking. Everyone laughed harder. Ugh, love. That word again, I thought. I stayed focused for the rest of class as to not embarrass myself again.
~~~
Lunch time was here and I sat down with all of my friends. We were chatting it up and laughing our heads off when Charles invited all of us to one of his soccer practices. We all agreed. For the rest of lunch time I kept glancing over at him. What was my problem? Staring is rude. But there was something about that kept me staring at him and made me nervous.
~~~~
Later that day, after I got home I did my homework. Then I called my friends and and we all walked to the soccer field near our neighborhood. I felt something weird in my stomach. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach repeatedly and my chest was fluttering.
Did I have butterflies?

Oh Aspen! If only you knew...
Heh heh heh...
CLIFFHANGER!
Sorry, not sorry.
Love, Mere
Charles:Charlesm109