― 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter seven: it's fun to let your enemies believe they can trust you

──────────

𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐓. The dark-haired demon managed to piss her off within the first ten minutes of training, and Visha was having none of it.

Her stomach tosses as she catches sight of Blake talking to the District One and Four tributes, likely telling them all about Mayan's failed Games and how Visha was related to him― that was what Blake said he'd do anyways. 

Some sort of fire burning within her, Visha settles her face into an impassive expression, the only evidence to her anger being the treacherous glint in her eyes. She rolls her shoulders back, standing tall, and storms past the rest of the Careers, bee-lining for the rack of blades behind them. 

She tries to be as loud as possible― whilst also being discreet― as she holsters some knives and a katana. An assistant, a man in his mid-twenties with short, cropped blond hair and startling grey eyes, approaches Visha and they spar two times. The first time, Visha takes down the assistant in a matter of minutes. 

That gets all of the Careers― including Blake― looking at her, along with some of the other tributes. 

Visha resists the urge to smirk; how utterly predictable

The second time, she decides to toy with the man, almost putting on a show. Visha twirls the sword in her hand, grinning eagerly as she waves the assistant forward with her free hand. He runs at her and slashes his sword through the air. She merely steps aside. She lets him attack her again, this time bringing her sword up to counter his attack. Now, Visha twists her blade― a disarming maneuver― and backs the man into one corner of the roped-off arena. She doesn't unarm him though, but steps away instead. 

"Try harder," Visha says a little condescendingly. 

The man's grip on his sword hardens, his knuckles turning white. But he charges at her all the same. His sword is raised and Visha simply ducks under the blade, and then jams the hilt of her katana into his back. The man stumbles forwards. Before he can regain his balance, Visha hits his sword arm with the blunt edge of her katana. 

It wouldn't hurt too much. 

Now, the assistant grows angry. He takes very calculated moves, slowly sparring with Visha until he locks blades with her, and then knocks the katana out of her hand. 

"I told you," Blake's voice floats to Visha's ears. "She's useless." 

But he was wrong. 

Visha only grins at the man before grabbing one of the knives in her holster and disarming him with that. The minute his blade clatters onto the floor, Visha sweeps her foot under his. He falls backwards. Then, she kneels over his body and makes a stabbing motion, stopping right before the blade touches his protective vest. 

"Dead." She states. 

Such a simple statement― one word― but it is enough to make the training center go quiet. 

Visha stands up again, holding a hand out to the assistant who takes it. She helps him up with an easy smile. "Good spar," she whispers, so only he can hear her. 

Then she backs away from him, taking her knives out from their holsters and also picking up her fallen katana. As she inspects the weapons, a slow smirk appears on her face. The arena is still shrouded in pin-dropping silence. 

Visha slowly glances up, that wicked smirk still resting on her face. As she locks eyes with the terrified non-Career tributes, and then stares right at Blake Demon, something sick but satisfying filled her stomach. "What?" She says innocently as no one spoke up. 

The girl from District Four is the first to speak. "So much for being useless," she casts an irritated glance at Blake, before flashing Visha a wicked grin. "Now I know why One wants you as an ally." 

Blake the Demon's lips turn downwards in an angry scowl. 

But Visha can't bring herself to care. "Useless?" She tilts her head to the side, feigning ignorance. "Darling, I am anything but." 

"Consider this our formal request to ally with you," the guy from District One says with an easy grin. "We'd love to have someone like you on our team." 

Visha's eyes glint with victory. All the pieces of her plan were falling into place perfectly. Now, if only she could do something to get Blake to trust her― even tentatively trust her. Then everything would truly be perfectly in place. "Consider the formal request granted," she tells District One. 

"One question though," the girl from District One says, frowning slightly. "Why didn't you disarm the assistant when you had the chance? You had him backed up against the ring― you had every chance to win right then and there. Why did you give him the opportunity to continue fighting?" 

If possible, Visha's smirk grows even wider. "Sometimes it's fun to let your enemies believe they can trust you. Then, they let their guard down. That's when you pull out the rug from underneath them. Put the chess pieces together. Show them what they couldn't see the entire time. Reveal the real you." 

𝐆𝐈𝐆𝐈'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄!

visha is an icon. i love her sm. 

also i am very sick and have been so for the past week sooooo send help. i cannot deal with school at this point but i cant miss it either bc then i'll be way too behind so im just going to school half dead. i love life btw. 

anyways goodbye gonna do chem hw now. (i hate chem).

have a great day/night wherever u are <333

edit: present tense!!