Chapter One

Chapter 1

Emily pov

I close my eyes, meditating. Focussing on the time I need to go to.

Crash!

The sound interrupted me, I hate it when that happens...

Boom!

This time it only startled me... a little.

I stood to gather information on the noise I heard, there's never an accident in the lab, at least not in the seventeen years I've been here.

I pull my brunette hair into a ponytail, according to protocol all girls must have their hair up at all times, I'm surprised I haven't been caught ever.

Before I can even leave the room I was trying to practice in, Marcus, one of the scientists working here, comes in coughing up a storm.

*Cue coughs* "Explosion... lab... ruined."

Confusion hit me like a bomb, of course.

"Okay, okay hold up... What are you saying, exactly?"

"The lab... we were doing an experiment on- I mean we were doing an experiment and everything just blew up outside the protective glass."

He speaks in one breath.

"So... how does that affect me, exactly, you wouldn't usually tell me stuff like this."

Still so confused.

"We need another lab rat." His expression suddenly turned sour and he slammed my head against the wall.

"Time to see how your powers work Madam."

I did what I could but failed, I couldn't travel in my sleep, or in the darkness that consumed my vision.