sangeet - bride pov

it's sangeet night. you were watching your family and friends perform. your cousins grooving to upbeat music and his friends hyping the both of you up, just added to the memorable experience. the both of you were grinning the whole time.

" ab entry hai, dulha aur dulhan ki! "

the emcee announces. your expression changes.  you've been awaiting this moment your whole life. the thought of dancing with your future husband, in front of people you love, made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. you look to him, with a slight smile.

" chalein, madam? "

he asked looking at you, while extending his hand, gesturing you to take it. you put your hand in his, with a soft giggle at his stupid joke. the whole world could tell the both of you were in love.

you walk towards the stage, hand in hand with your forever and always, while your stomach made excited flips. both of you idiots stole glances at each other.

he puts his hands on your waist, and you put yours around his neck. as the music played, the both of you swayed perfectly in sync , for you've practiced a million times. you stare into his deep brown eyes that softened at your glance. he smiles shyly, and your eyes twinkle.

his looks drove you crazy, and you feel your cheeks heat up. the both of you knew nothing but each other at that moment. it felt like meeting him for the first time all over again.

the song ends.

he wraps his arms around you, claiming you publicly. you melt in his embrace. the moment was short-lived though, as the entire audience started clapping and aww-ing at the both of you. the both of you come out of your daydreams and crane your necks towards them, and your eyes well up slightly.

these are the people who were present during your first steps, your first heartbreak, and now, they're at your wedding.

and centimeters away from you, was the man you've always felt safe, happy and loved around.

" i love you so much."

your thoughts are interrupted by a raspy voice. damn. he'd been crying too.

" i love you more"

you manage to choke up. you walk back to your seats. 

a/n
first time writing pls be nice 👍 at the same time, constructive criticism is rly appreciated