Chapter 8: Time to break up?

Start from the beginning

Fuyumi: "Understood I'll send a message to the admirals, as for the meantime let's go hunt them." Did we just hear her right? She's helping us 'hunt them' but isn't she supposed to be fighting the abyssal?

Fuyumi: "Since I'm commander of my own dorm it's okay, after all, they're messing with my family, so it's only right for me to pay them in kind." Wait she's serious about this? And what did she mean by family? "Right now, it's your turn." I was excited to learn who she was in the past, but I didn't know what I was in for.

Chisato: "Then, since you're a kansen that means you fought in the last war, right?"

Just then her mood sours a little bit maybe I hit a 'naval mine', after some time she comes to and tells us who she once was, and what happened to her since she was given life, it's hard for us to comprehend since we've never died before only to be given a chance at life. Her storytelling has answered all our questions.

Takina: "So why are you helping us?"

Fuyumi: "*Smiles* You girls can't go back with a mission underway, and since you also don't have anywhere to stay, I thought of helping you out."

Chisato: "Thank you."

We tucked in for the night, I wonder what she's like every day when she's not fighting the abyssal? We can leave that for after breakfast and so we slept.

8 am

After we woke up and got ourselves ready, we smelled something great, so we followed it to what we believe is the canteen since there were kansens talking we open the door to see sixteen girls from both the Eagle Union and the former Sakura Empire having breakfast together like the past never happened all we saw was just people having an enjoyable meal together. Fuyumi waves to us and we sat at the table having our breakfast laid out for us, after that she got everyone's attention.

Fuyumi: "Girls as of today I'll be stepping down as commander for the time being."

No POV

Yorktown: "Why, we just formed so recently?"

Fuyumi: "Well I'm going to be assisting in a hunt for terrorists looking to harm everyone here, so I'm going out there to settle the score. Both admirals have been informed." She points to the three girls who just joined, she explains the situation to everyone.

Jintsū: "Then at least have one of us accompany you." She said with a concerned tone.

Fuyumi: "Then I'll have Yahagi accompany me." Yahagi just joined the fleet not long after Shokaku and Zuikaku joined.

Yahagi: "I'll keep you safe until it blows over."

Fuyumi: "*Pats Yahagi's head* Thank you."

Yahagi was embarrassed by this since she was one of the most serious girls when in combat as well as being quite strict even with her sisters. Jintsū, on the other hand, was jealous since she hasn't got a head pat in a while, but she'll let her junior enjoy the moment besides she never saw this side of her before, She's going to ask for one when this is over. After breakfast the four of them started with target practice, Chisato explained they were not going to kill anyone to which Fuyumi agrees, as lunch came around, they had lunch together made by Fuyumi. Once the day was over and they returned to their rooms Yahagi and Fuyumi slept in the same room.

Yahagi's POV
Yahagi's Room

It's been a long and exhausting day learning how to shoot, CQC, and everything else needed for this I swore I'll keep her safe but there's one thing I'm wondering why did she pick me?

Fuyumi: "何か気になることがあるのか?" (Something on your mind?)

Yahagi: "そうなんです、私を選んだのは何か理由があるのかなと思ったんです。" (Yes, I was wondering if there was a reason why you picked me?)