What If Painful 4 (Ending)

Zacznij od początku

"So you decided to ruin someone's marriage in exchange for an unborn fetus, knowing if you brought it into the world, it wouldn't have a normal life and parents can't comprehend the word "responsibility"."

Ying went silent, proving not one word from Reverse's mouth wasn't correct. Pulling on other's heart strings was something but pulling someone such as the unsentimental and stoic man right in front of her eyes was another thing.

"Listen, I don't give any fucks of your sad pathetic marriage with the cheating bastard, get Yaya involved in your mess and I will make your life a living nightmare." Reverse said softly, as if it wasn't his first time threatening someone and turning the atmosphere thick enough for a knife to cut it.

Still, it wasn't enough to burst the bubble of sound from Ying's mouth which in Reverse's case, he doesn't have to torture himself of hearing anymore attempts to redeem herself.

"And if you know what's good for you, Yaya's pregnant and I'm sure you know who's the father." Ying gawked at his words, as if all colors had left her body once she heard the word "pregnant".

"T-That's impossible, he told me they've been trying for years!"

A slight panicked could be heard from her voice which was anticipated coming from Reverse's arrogant smirk.

"Anything could happen and I don't expect an uneducated person like yourself Mrs Mechamato, to understand what troubles will it cost if your husband may hear of this." He mocked satisfyingly.

From those lines, Ying shivered at thought her husband would no doubt leave her and her child the moment this awful news had come across his ears. She took a second to calm herself down before returning back her gaze towards the cunning man.

"What do you want from me?"

"I've already stated it once, come anywhere near Yaya and I will ruin that false life of yours." He simply said, leaving a bitter smile at the end of his sentence.

Both share the same awkward silence as before, neither one refusing to utter a single word from their lips until the final decision was made.

"Fine, I'll do as you say…" The blue bell-eyed woman hesitatingly agreed. "However, I have one question."

"Go on."

"You're not just a friend are you? You just say that you are but you seem to act more than that… like you love her."

Reverse eyed her for a second, contemplating on creating an appropriate answer but nothing had come to mind. He wasn't expecting of any sort nor ever thought of this question, in short he was surprised.

"It's none of your fucking bussiness." He raspily spoke and not wasting time, he swiftly made his exit, barely caring how everyone looked at him as he angrily left a woman alone like some sort of break up.

That night he couldn't sleep or better to say it, the thought of what the mistress had told him echoed in his mind every hour. He had come to terms with his emotions that they would be nothing more than friends but as time went on, he hadn't realized nobody's company wouldn't be as compatible as Yaya's warmth.

He indeed loved her dearly but couldn't accept them. Yaya was a gregarious woman but he clearly could see her breaks from time to time. After going through seven years of marriage, he was sure his friend still held loving emotions towards her ex husband and still needed time to recover.

  Was he enviously annoyed? Yes he was but that's just how life is and he feared if he were to spill his emotions without looking both ways, he might lose Yaya just like he did with his mother. Or maybe even worst, if Yaya were to come back to her husband, he'll highly doubt they'll both see each other the same way.