Chapter 7: Fuyumi's caring side

Start from the beginning

Yūbari: "What do you think of me?"

Vestal: "Well, I think of you as an amazing friend to have by my side, more so than E. What's with the question?"

Yūbari: "We've spent two weeks near each other, it's just rare for someone to stay in the arsenal as long as that because of everything I'm doing."

Does this mean she wants that relationship? If so, I should say something she wanted to hear.

Vestal: "But after being with you all this time, this stance changed for the better." She took my hint and went to hug me.

Yūbari: "That means." I cut her off before she could finish as I knew what she wanted to say.

Vestal: "Yes." I said it with a smile. For the rest of the day, we told the admirals we'd take things easy to which they agreed.

Zuikaku's POV
17th January 2022, 11 pm

It's late in the night as I practised my archery since there was going to be an exercise in tomorrow afternoon someone called out to me

???: "瑞鶴先輩......こんばんは。" (Zuikaku-senpai good evening.) I turn to see who it was at first my suspicion was one of the Unryū's but I was wrong. The clothes she wore weren't like any of them which meant only one other kansen had this.

Zuikaku: "後輩の一人かと思いきや、冬美さん何か用事ですか?" (I thought it was one of my juniors, so Fuyumi-san you need something?)

Fuyumi: "一緒にスパーリングしたい。" (I want to spar with you.) I was wondering what she meant by it but given I don't have a katana like her ruling out the possibility of a kendo match, which left one thing.

Zuikaku: "パイロットはまだ未熟なので、そのようにスパーリングしたいのでしょう?" (Your pilots are still green, so you want to spar that way, right?) She nodded her head. "では、さっそく本題に入りましょう。" (Then let's get to it.) I placed the bow back on my rack before leaving with her. Tonight, was a good time to practice as there were no clouds obstructing the moonlight.

After we got our riggings, we headed out on practice, we didn't have to worry too much about any attacks since it was heavily guarded. The rules were simple, our planes are to be deprived of ordnance, and if either one of our planes is behind the other for three seconds it was considered 'destroyed'. This process went on for another five hours, and during that time I could tell how hard she was working, she was like me during those days.

It was time to call it for the night since I could tell she was tired, once we returned and got our riggings off, she fell asleep while leaning on me. I guess I'll carry her back to my room. As I was about to enter my room my sister came out.

Shokaku and Zuikaku's room

Shokaku: "今日はよく頑張りましたね。" (My, you sure worked hard today with her.)