Chapter : 5

UNKOWN POV

He watched as she read the file in her hand. Once she had finished scanning through the papers she looked up at him.

"Do you understand your assignment?"
"Yes Sir."
"Good. I'm counting on you to not let me down. "

There was a pause as he walked closer to her
" because you know what happens to people who let me down" he whispered into her ear as he came up behind her.

She closed her eyes and gulped imagines of men beaten, tortured, dead, and abandoned flashed through her mind.

"Yes Sir. " she said shakily.
"Wonderful" he said clapping his hands together.
"Now of course I will expect you to check in when your due to, and I want full reports once a week."
"Of course Sir." She said confidently. She had years of experience under her belt.

"I keep forgetting who I'm talking to. My best agent, of course you know what your doing and how to do it."
"Sir?"
"Yes Millie?"
"When am I to depart?" She asked. Mentally making a check list of all that was going to need to be prepared.

"Oh not quite yet. I think it's best we let them get settled in, give them a false set of security. Wait until their guard is down" He said as he sat back down at his desk.

"They? Sir. I thought I was focusing on the boy."

"You are, but you'll have take care of them all, or they could become a problem."  He said leaning toward her, his fingers laced together and elbows on the table. His ring standing out gaining  the attention its authority demanded. A reminder of just who the wearer was.

"And I would hate for there to be a problem." There was no mistaking the the threat in the words. A clear instruction.
"I understand Sir."

"Good, I am going to miss you while you are gone. " He said leaning back despite the threat Millie was his favorite agent.
"And I you Sir." She said smiling as she relaxed slightly knowing the threatening part of the meeting was over.

"I'll let you know when you are to depart until then be getting ready. You make take one other agent with you. It doesn't matter who so long as they do not have a current assignment. However they will be with you purely for back up in the event that you need it. I don't want them involved with the targets as you will be. When you decide who send them to me for a debriefing. Until then you are dismissed." He said turning back to the work he was reviewing before she came in.

"Yes Sir." She said exiting with a smile. She knew just the man for the job.

---------------------------------------------

I know I'm a terrible person for not updating sooner. Also sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to do better, I promise.

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it! Let me know what you think!

     - lsebourn