Eight abs. Damn. It wasn't even close to the truth. You knew that too.

The plastered smile on Jungkook's lips breaks into a sincere laugh. The laugh makes him tilt his head back and go even harder. His eyes closed with those wrinkled lines around them and his hands rested on his stomach while he attempted to stop himself.

"I can't–" he laughs, again, straightens his back and wipes his teary eyes from all that laugh. "You're cute." His laughter slows, "Like– wow? Abs? You?" This time he plops his head on the table as he tries not to make a joke of you but he just can't stop. It was so funny to even visualize.

Thinking you'd do pushups? Oh, he knows how you're gonna whine about them only to give them up, to say how ridiculous it is and there a people very dumb who do this. Like, why would anyone want to go through all of that? Go on diets? Leaving all tasty stuff just to stick with all the greenery? No thanks.

All silly excuses. Just making you cuter. He has figured out one thing about you and that was that he could find you adorable in any situation. Be it anything; your fist hitting his chest when you get angry, those brows that squint together when you're thinking too deep, or when you're in awe while watching a movie with all those sparkly eyes, how you compare the size of his hands with yours only to intertwine them with his later and how you act stronger than him trying to dominate him with your all might.

There were so many countless moments, so, so many. He just adored all your existence to be precise. Like, right now you've got your fork pointed towards him after the little teasing he did about you not being able to have abs and somehow it's only making him think of kissing you. Call it blinded by your love. A fool. A dumbass. Of course, he's in this too bad.

"Do you want to die?" Your eyes are all wide. Lips whispering curses very quietly. Just for him to hear.

He grins. His eyes bore into yours, clasped forearms resting at the table as he just sat watching you, automatically letting your fork lower letting you notice the change in his demeanour. He's again looking at you with those eyes. Your cheeks blush. Defeated.

"Tsk" You tuck your hair strands behind your ear focusing on finishing the food on your plate until Jungkook's dad takes everyone's attention by setting the empty glass back on the table, sort in a way to say he was done eating.

"Thank you for the food." He rises and then smiles at you, "Good night Y/n. Hope the food was appetizing."

"Yes— yes. Too good." You smile with your bright eyes sitting upright and confirming the fact. Jungkook's dad nods appreciatively and carries his plate with him until he stops where Jungkook is seated, "Eat well, son" he pats his shoulders making him aware of his presence.

Jungkook turns his face to look at him, "Um, thanks, Dad." His dad leans towards him. Close to his ear.

You are seated just opposite him which makes you listen to what he's speaking.

"Go to sleep right after dinner, okay?" He squeezes his hand a little tighter on his son's shoulder, "No sneaking out at night, yeah?" Jungkook immediately choked on his food as his father filled him a glass of water. "Be a good boy." He gives his last words, smiling and finally handing him the glass before leaving the premises.

You re-think about the exchange that occurred between Jungkook and his father. It held your breath. What just happened?

Jungkook's mom finishes her plate too and stands up a few seconds later, smiling at the both of you. "Hope you loved the dinner." She asks and you get to immediate nodding, "Yes, thank You." You titter and she smiles before going to wash her hands and leaving too, asking Jungkook to put all the remaining dishes in the dishwasher before going to bed.