part eight

We both turned in the direction that the scream came from and realized it was coming from outside front door. As soon as we ran out the door we soon realized that the Cyclops had followed us back to camp eventhough he couldnt see out of his eye. My knife was still stuck in its eye and blood was crusted around it. It had grabbed deans dad who told us that he was going to go outside earlier when christina said she would join him and they must have been sitting outside near the fire pit with christina and her mom. She screamed in horror at the sight of the creature. Christina immediately went into a warrior mode because she ran past me outside and i watched her to see what she was going to get and she grabbed her forty five and shot the cyclops where his heart was. After the first shot he seemed stunned, second shot he seemed to get angry. Eventhough blood was running down its chest it still didnt die. The blood was squirting to the beat of his heart. I was standing next to dean watching in horror until i realized that i could help out christina. I ran inside up the flight of stairs and i heard other footsteps behind me and i heard dean ask 'kate where are you going?' I soon answered his question by grabbing my bow and arrows then running back outside. Dean grabbed my hand as i put it on the door knob. He looked softly into my eyes and said be careful and that was when i decided to make my move. I kissed him on the cheek then ran out the door.

I saw christina looking tired and that she had almost went through a few rounds of bullets. The cyclops started to get angry and started picking up logs and chucking them at christinas head.She was trying to get closer to the giant to get a better shot and had stepped off of the porch on the front of the cabin. The cyclops saw me running off the porch and clipped me with a log. I saw black for a few seconds and i felt something like sweat running down my face. I soon realized we were going to have to get a new game plan. I thought of the one spot that we havent shot yet so i ran down next to christina and shot my bow and hit him right on his temple. His enraged bloody eye looked over at me and grabbed deans dad neck and ripped his head off like it was ripping a peice of paper. I can still remember the sound of his neck snapping, it haunts me to this very day.He threw the bloody body on the ground like a unwanted peice of food and i felt as if i would throw up after i felt a spray of blood hit the side of my face. I looked over at dean and he looked a ghostly pale standing on the porch while staring at his dads remains. When i looked back over at the giant i say his eye start to roll back in his head as his body started to fall forward i soon realized it was falling in my direction. I stood there in shock trying to get myself to move my feet. It felt like my feet were stuck in quicksand. I heard a muffled sound, it sounded like a person yelling, but i couldnt make out what they were saying because i was so focused on the massive thing about to squish me. I suddenly felt myself being pushed out of the way and caught in someones arms before i hit the ground. I soon realized it was dean and i heard Christina yelling 'why in the hell didnt you move i was screaming your name the whole time!!! You almost gave me a heart attack!!'

"Same here " said dean as he looked softly into my eyes looking concerned. I noticed him looking at a certain place on my face.

"What?" I said still shaken up from what just happened

"You have a cut on your forehead." He said as he caressed my face.

"I am fi..." i started to say but was in shock when he gently kissed me on the top of my head and brought me into his arms. At first i was kind of stiff when he gave me a hug but i soon relaxed and sat my chin on his shoulder gently. He had wrapped his strong arms around my waist and slowly rubbed my back as he brought his hands up to my shoulders. I slowly wrapped my arms around him and started to rub the top part of his back affectionately. We must have stood there like that for minutes before i felt one of his arms move and felt a hand brush some of my hair and he seemed alittle nervous because his voice was shaky as he whispered in my ear
" I was really worried about you, you scared me."

"I am fine, i am sorry about your father i feel like it was my fault for..you know." I said

"No it wasnt your fault. I was just worried that i was going to loose two people i " he choked as a tear ran down his face

"Shhh, dont cry" I said as i put my index finger up to his lips gently

We stood there for a while holding each other until dean finally said

"Lets go in and wash that cut."

As we both slowly let go, i soon realized that he never let go of my hand as we walked back in the cabin. Before i went in the door i looked over my shoulder and paused in the door way looking at christina with tears in her eyes hugging her mom and her mother is looking around at that head and guts shaking while crying hysterical in christinas arms.

As dean and i walked i looked into his eyes and my vision started to get blurry. I immediately let go of his hand and ran to the closest chair. I broke down into tears from the guilt and sat down in the dining hall with my hands covering my face. I killed his father. It was my fault. I killed the giant.

"Kate whats wrong?" Dean said

"Nothing." I said as a wept and coughed trying to hold back the tears

"Kate ," he pleaded "talk to me, please."

"I killed your father, it is my fault, i shot the giant." I said without looking at him. I couldnt look at him, all i could see was his father

"No you didnt know the giant would do that, kate look at me." He said as he wrapped one arm around me and rubbed my arm and he caressed my face while wiping away the tears and gently turned my face torwards his which caused me to look at him and that was when it happened. He leaned in and kissed me. I felt my warm blood coursing through my veins. I felt my heart racing, feeling like it was going to explode. I had always felt like there was something i was missing in my life and at that moment i realized it was him. That one puzzle peice that i needed to complete myself and i had finally found it. Through all of the hell i had to go through to find it and all of the heart breaks, i had finally found it, i knew i did. All of the other kisses that i thought meant something or i did think meant something were immediately put in there place after that, i had been touched by true love and i knew it.
As he started to pull away and started to move his hand away from my face i pulled him back. It felt like heaven.When we both pulled away my lips it felt like they were tingly. I wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped both of his arms around me and i burried my face in his shirt.

"That was amazing." I said muffled by his shirt

"Well you are amazing." He said as i looked up at him while he was looking into my eyes and smiling.

I dont know what came over me , but the words just kind of slipped out of my mouth before i could catch them.

"I love you."

His smile suddenly went away and he seemed alittle shocked by what i said and i felt my face get heated. He sat there with his arms still around me looking into my eyes while i started looking away while i layed my head back on his chest because i was so embarrassed. Then he suddenly said

"I love you too."

He had the biggest grin across his face. Dean and i sat in that spot for the rest of the day reflecting and taking in what good and bad things have just happened.