part six

As i stood up Christina tried to pull me back on to the ground but i jerked my wrist fron her grasp as she cursed under her breath. I grabbed my small pocket knife and yelled duck to the man and boy. They follwed my orders because when i threw the knife it hit the target, the cyclops eye. The cyclops shrieked a sound that boomed like thunder and caused the earth to shake underneath my feet. He immediately dropped the boy and father and began to stumble around running into trees leaving a pool of blood behind him.I yelled to the boy and father to come with us and we all ran back to camp dodging trees and making our way through there as fast as possible trying our best not to trip and fall over tree limbs. As soon as we reached the entrance of the hiking trail i was gasping for air.I look over and see Christina bending over with her hands on her knees. The boy is standing near me looking exhausted while his dad was stabilizing himself with the wooden entrance sign.
We all must have stood there for five minutes before the dad spoke up
"Thank you for helping get us away from that hideous creature."

"It was no problem." I said

I glanced over at his son and realized he had been staring at me the whole time i was focused on his dad. The boy immediately looked down at his shoes.
I soon looked back at his dad and say "our camp is just a short walk down the road if you would like some water or a place to rest."

"If it is no trouble, i guess we could use some water." He said gasping for air
"It would be no trouble at all." I said

As we started to walk torwards camp christina whispered in my ear 'wow you save their lives then invite them over to OUR cabin for lunch and stuff..i kind of think there is only one reason you are acting so nice to these strangers'. I feel my face start to turn bright red and i look straight into her brown eyes and tell her to shutup and i said it loud enough to where anyone at the camp could hear it and i started to walk even faster than the rest of the group. Once i got near the cabin i started to run . When i got to the camp i sat on the closets stump we put around the fire pit last night and put my elbows on my knees and sat my face gently on my hands and started to kick some rocks around that i saw near my feet. After a few minutes i sat back up from getting bored and pulled my hair out of my face. I suddenly heard a tree branch snap from behind me and i immediately stood up and turned around to see the boy standing behind me looking as shocked as i was.
" Sorry, I didnt mean to startle you." The boy said

"I...uh...its fine..." i said. I gave myself a mental mind slap thinking smooth..."you scared me since i thought you were still walking with the others."

"Well I saw you run ahead if the group and thought i would catch up with you and see where you went and... make sure you were okay." He said as he looked down at his feet blushing

I started to feel my face getting heated as i said "Well i just came back to camp and dont worry about me i am fine i just got alittle mad by a comment christina, my friend, made."

"Well what did she say, if you dont mind me asking."

"Uh...she said..erm..uh.." i said as i felt my face get hot and i knew i must have been looking beet red.

The boy just stood there looking at me while i squirmed trying to think of an excuse or a way out of the question then i thought,
"What's your name?"

"My name is dean." He said

"Oh thats a nice name.." i said as i sat back down on the stump.

"Well, " he said as he sat on a stump beside mine, " whats your name since i guess you arent wanting to answer my other question." He winked and grinned at me.
That made my heart melt....

"Uh...my name is.." i said
I couldnt hardly speak from his beautiful blue eyes looking at me and his perfect brown hair that falls perfectly into place. I finally snapped back into reality when he said

"Is that a hard one..?" With a smirk across his face

"Kate. My name is kate." i said

"Oh, "he said "thats a pretty name." He said Then he stared into my eyes and looked back at his shoes, but glanced up at me a few minutes after and i just sat my stump staring at him.
We both sat and looked at each other until i heard Christina yell
"Thats enough lovey dubbey stuff you guys." With a smirk on her face.

... I was ready to kill her...