Hahhh... life is tiring.

Start from the beginning

Just as Jiwoo was about to head out, red and white lightning shrouded veiled my frame as I walked forward, speaking the words "sprint" before vanishing out of view.

Lightning shrouded the entire alleyway and blocked the doctor's path towards the grey cat. To which Jiwoo took advantage of and wrapped the cat in his coat before carrying the cat away.

"Where did he go? He was in front of me moments ago. And what was that electricity? A tracker? Dammit." The doctor was alarmed by our sudden appearance fled away.

The three of us ran back to Jiwoo's house. "Vera! Kayden! We did it!" Jiwoo exclaimed as I smiled– "What do you mean WE?!" Kayden you are a frigging party-pooper!

"Now he knows that you exist! Do you know how much danger you are in? Hey, are you listening to me?!" Kayden kept on rambling on and on. "Kayden stop it, you're ruining it!"

Jiwoo stared down the grey cat in his arms and spoke. "But... I couldn't have just left him there." That's it, "Jiwoo keep on making the atmosphere nice and flowery." "What?" Kayden, stop.

"I couldn't just leave him there... when I could save him..." Jiwoo smiled as Kayden looked at him. "Hehe." Jiwoo giggled as Kayden started spitting balderdash. "Don't laugh, fool!"

Jiwoo kept on laughing jollily as we ran to Jiwoo's house. "Hmph, he's an idiot." Kayden harrumphed as I bumped on his side, "C'mon don't be so cold, warm up to the atmosphere!"

I encouraged, "Besides, I have already approximately measured that guy's strength! With me as his guard, nothing will go wrong. At least I think so." I let out a light chuckle and kept on running.

"How can you be so sure that awakener won't be able to just strangle you?" Kayden asked with a bit of snarl. Rude guy. "Well, you should know by now. After all, with the power I displayed."

As we were flashing down the street lights, Jiwoo suddenly spoke. "It might be strange to say. But I'm so excited right now. I realized that the power I tried to hide is not the problem."

"And I did something to be proud of with my newfound powers. That's why I am excited." But Kayden suddenly shouted. "Shut up! It's not something to be excited about."

I smiled, what a lively atmosphere. "Don't listen to him, kid. Be proud of what you have done because you have saved a life. But, saying newfound power wouldn't make sense, it has been with you for so long after all."

Jiwoo smiled even brighter, God, is there even a limit to his brilliant innocence? "Thank you, Vera. Your words made me feel proud about what I did. Thank you for teaching me!"

"Would you just shut up?" Kayden exclaimed. "Yippee!" Haha! Jiwoo is the ultimate counter to the ever stingy and tsundere Kayden! "I like this life so much already..." I muttered quietly.

.

..

...

Somewhere in the city... "Dammit!" The doctor from earlier angrily smashed his fist on the table. "I lost the sample... I worked so hard to build that sample..." he muttered ever so loudly.

"Woo-in. I think we have trackers on our tail. The sample that ran away, I think it was a success. But I lost it to a tracker. We have to leave this place to get away from the trackers,"

Turning around he continued. "But we can't just leave a potential breakthrough behind here. We have to run experiments using the data from this place and look for the escaped sample."

"So be careful while moving around from now on." The doctor spoke. The black-haired youth behind him, named Woo-in, spoke. "Yes, professor." Turning his head back to the research papers in his table, the doctor, no, the professor sat down.

.

..

...

We arrived back at Jiwoo's house and the first thing I did was lie flat on the floor like I was dead... "Not that I am lazy though." The reason behind such action was actually pretty reasonable. Well, unreasonably reasonable that is.

<< Name: Unnamed (Vera Estelle) | Gender: Female | LVL: 2 | Titles: Untitled | HP: 125 | SP: 6 | FP: 15,850 >>

<< STR: 6 | SPD: 8 | SNS: 20 | DEX: 15 | VIT: 5 | INT: 634 >>

<< Skills: {Harmony: Max}, [Lightning Increase: 1], [Wind Armament: 1], [Shadow cloak: 1], [Cloak of light: 1], [Bite: 4], [Slash: 3], [Jump: 4], [Sprint: 5], [Cat Language: 5] >>

<< Current Stat/skill points: 20 >>

As you could probably see on my apparatus screen, I now have a total of zero stamina. Zipping and blitzing around like crazy took an insane amount of stamina from my body.

I mean, to be able to drain the total of five normal people's stamina into zero at such an alarming rate was crazy. But fortunately for me, after suddenly levelling up and asking the system, I now knew resting would rapidly regenerate stamina.

The effect is even better if I increase my stat points in the vitality stat. Currently, I have a total of five stat points in my vitality stat. "Allocate 10 stat points to vitality." I muttered as I felt my stamina return much faster. "Hahhh... life is tiring."