You ruined my food, okay? And you gotta pay the price.

Start from the beginning

Everyone except me: "Hah?" A few minutes later, we arrived at Jiwoo's house. I walked in swaggering with arrogance and hopped on the sofa, to which Kaiden also got on and looked at me with suspicion.

"Hey, who are you?" he asked me in a threatening voice, which I only regarded as a cute threat, considering what I just demonstrated, with my statistics in intelligence, my FP (force points) I am currently way above his current state.

Kaiden was emitting bloodlust towards me, but I shrugged it off and faced him. Albeit with difficulty. "Currently, I am neither a friend or an enemy to you and the kid." I answered.

"That means you could be in the future." Kaiden narrowed his eyes. "Honestly speaking; yes, I could be your enemy. Only if you provoke me. But if you want me as a friend I will be."

"Just what exactly are you?" Kaiden asked with lower hostility. "As you can see, I am a cat. A Turkish Angora to be specific. And no, I am not a human who transformed into a cat like you."

"And how do you prove that?" Kayden inquired. "Well, wouldn't you stop being annoying for a second and just trust me. You could even check my force patterns if you want to."

I turned away from Kaiden and redirected my focus. "Hey, kid. As per our deal give me food since this rascal of the streets ruined my food. Scurry on now kid." I spoke in a light tone as Jiwoo handed me a bowl.

He poured some cat food in the bowl. "Here... Ms. Cat." I took a casual bite on the cat food and looked at him. "Thank you, kid, this is great. Also, my name isn't 'Cat'. It's Estelle, [Vera Estelle]."

Jiwoo smiled as he applied first aid to the pseudo awakened cat. "Yes, Ms. Estelle." I sighed and continued to eat the cat food Jiwoo offered. It was at least ten times better than pizza.

I finished eating the cat food as I hopped on the sofa again. "Whew~" Jiwoo let out a sigh as he wiped his forehead of sweat. "I did as much as I could, do you think it's okay?" Jiwoo asked.

"Kid, the rascal will be fine." I replied. "It's just going through a huge shock, but I controlled the voltage, so other than that it won't have any problems because it's pseudo-awakened."

"Still, getting checked at the vet will still be better..." Jiwoo refuted. "As she said. It might not have enough strength to be a monster, but it's not guaranteed. What if it wakes up in the hospital."

Surprisingly, Kayden interjected. "I know, but I'm still worried." I sighed at him. "You're quite 'needlessly sincere', Jiwoo. I told you, it's fine. Stop worrying about it." I spoke. "Yes ma'am." Jiwoo replied.

<< [Cat Language: 5] has activated. >> "Hoh?" it activated on its own? It might be a passive skill then, I think it is since it is a language skill, it might as well be passive in effect.

'That might be it, but to think a cat would turn into a monster like that... Not only did it physically grew in size, but also in power as well. It's definitely not an ability found in a normal cat.'

'That's Kayden's thoughts right now huh?' I thought but was suddenly interrupted by Jiwoo. "Excuse me Ms. Vera, Kaiden... I was kind of busy applying first aid I didn't have time to say anything."

"Say what?" Kayden asked. "Yes, um... how should I explain this... I'm not sure how to say this." Jiwoo fidgeted. "If it is about your powers? Then don't worry about it." I spoke

"Yes?" Jiwoo replied. "*Sigh* You see, why would I go around telling everybody about your awakened abilities? They'll just capture and dissect me instead." I explained.

"Awakened Abilities? What's that?" Jiwoo asked. "You don't even know that what an awakened ability with you being awakened?" Kayden spoke, clearly stupefied.

"???" And Jiwoo could only be caught in confusion. "Argh, Kayden, I don't want to explain it to this kid. You do it, I'll lay the rules with the other cats in the meanwhile." I spoke as Kayden irked.

"Hey, get back here! And I'm not a cat!" I wagged my tail as I jumped down the sofa. "Yeah, yeah. You totally look human right now, or what ever you think you are." I replied.

Kayden and Jiwoo engaged in lessons about the awakened as I approached the three other cats in the house. I looked at them like I was above, and then spoke. "Listen. Starting today, I am–" only to get interrupted.

The brown cat smudged and cuddled with me and the other two soon followed suit. "Ah––– *Sigh* dammit. It's alright, since you at least now that I am the leader of this pride." I spoke with vain.

I cuddled with the other three cats for a few minutes before stopping and finally returning back to Kayden and Jiwoo. "Are you saying that there are others that awakened like me?" Jiwoo asked.

"Of course, you are at one right now." Kayden answered with a sigh. "What? Kayden is an awakened?" Jiwoo was baffled at the new found knowledge he thought that he was the only one.

"Yup. That Vera too." Kayden answered. "Someone with a special ability like me?" Jiwoo asked again. "That's what I am saying." Kayden replied. "Wow." Jiwoo exclaimed.

Jiwoo looked at Kayden with teary eyes as Kayden slowly panicked at the sudden development. "Huh? Wait, wait, wait. Kid, what's wrong?" Jiwoo snapped out of his trance. "Ah!"

"Sorry about that..." Jinwoo wiped his wet eyes. "I always thought that I was the only one that wasn't normal." I hopped unto the sofa. "So you thought that you were the only one huh?" I spoke.