29. Trails Of Love

Start from the beginning

Jungkook's hair was pulled back totally. His forehead glistened with sweat. His pretty doe eyes already looking at you with utmost beauty. The mad flushed red cheeks and pulpy round lips you didn't believe you just kissed.

The sharp jaw gave perfection to his handsome face. The sweaty neck and glowing skin cause you to gulp. A few of his top buttons were undone exposing his perfectly gorgeous chest. You exhale out air, looking away instantly.

"I- I should get out. Right." You scratch your neck nervously, trying to get down the counter as Jungkook gives you a hand to help. Silence takes place between the two of you. It was so uncomfortable. So stomach-butterfly-fluttering moment.

"Y-yeah" He mumbles, giving you a way to walk away. "I'll come in a minute." He pulls a few of his hair back falling on his face back again, asking you to leave first.

You nod and walk out in small steps, too flustered to wait any further for him. It was too hot to handle.

As for Jungkook, he leans against the counter and buries his face in his palms calming his boy hormones. He was fucked up. The second he allowed himself to like you, his heart burst full of love. He didn't know what to do with himself.

Not a single touch from any girl has driven him crazy like this. He was going to push all his boundaries for you like a crazy man. It was unbelievable for him to realise the capacity of loving someone, like, there was no limit for him.

Anything he was doing seemed less for you. If it was possible he'd give you anything you ask him for, be it the whole universe too. 

Shaking his head he goes towards the basin and washes his face off, feeling the cold water washing his heat. He felt like breathing now. Gets to wipe his face and nape with the towel hung just above the basin, only to see air hitting his chest. He looked down to witness a few of his buttons open.

"This girl..." He nods at himself trying hard to stay sane at this moment. But it was so hard, so hard. You were making it so hard for him.

He was in no position to go out like this. He wasn't stable at all. So he just keeps himself busy by cleaning the kitchen. Throws off the burnt egg in the dustbin and places all the spice boxes back in the cupboard. Grab the sponge and wipe the counter clean until a voice calls for him, from behind.

He turns behind to see his Dad leaning against the door and waving him a hi. "Hey, son." He calls and Jungkook drops the sponge and goes to clean his hands, "Oh, hey." He looks at him again. "Dad."

This is a tad bit strange. Cause his dad especially coming to talk to him? There was something up. "You need something?" He turns off the tap grabs the towel to dry his hands and leans against the counter paying attention to his dad standing a few steps away from him.

His dad just shakes his head. "Nope. Just..." He inserts his hands under his pockets and comes forward. "Wanted to ask, how are you keeping up." He takes a side next to him and Jungkook shrugs, "All good— great. I might say." He nods at his dad.

"Why?" Jungkook questions, chuckling. "You don't usually do this. What's up, Mr. Jeon." He knuckles his dad's shoulder as he just smiles, and looks at him with concern in his eyes.

"Nothing, just want to tell you that I used to be the same as you." He crosses his arms and Jungkook tilts his face, copying his dad. Crosses his arms too. Slowly nods at him. Eyes pierced. "Huh- uh? I see."

Makes his dad laugh. "You're acting like you're suspicious." He lays his thoughts aloud and Jungkook scoffs standing straight. Now facing him. "Of course." He shrugs as if it wasn't obvious. "What's up, Dad." He genuinely asks, "It's not like you."

Jungkook's dad just sighs, "Alright, I'm just worried about you, son." Jungkook stares at him, confused. "Worried about what do you mean?"

"You know..." He looks a little hesitant to say whatever he's got to say to Jungkook. "Know what?" He asks and his father finds the right words to express. Bites his lips in. Thinks.

"You know, like head over heels for something?"

Jungkook frowns. His dad sighs. Gives up. Slaps his hands on his legs. Faces him and Jungkook is waiting for him to make sense of whatever he's got to say. It's quite concerning cause his dad was never so nervous. Especially when it came to talk to him. Today he's a bit different. Like as if he's—

"What I mean is just be careful yeah?" He straighten his words for him. Clear for him to hear. Straightforward. "Sometimes you have to be careful. With everything. Which includes love." He exclaims. "Love's not an easy thing, son. Let me tell you."

Jungkook is just listening to him. Had no idea where was this coming from. Until and unless his dad saw you and him together. In the kitchen. That's why he's being like this.

"I know what I'm doing." Jungkook plainly states. "Aware of my consequences." He nods, "I know dad. Trust me." Jungkook affirms his dad too. Knows why he's got so concerned about him.

He knew his parents had a little idea about him and Jennie and now watching him with you seemed out of place. Of course, he was worried. Thinking if what he chose was right for him or not. Or if he needed some guidance. To let him know that his dad was always there for him even though he might not express it much with his words.

"Yeah– yeah, I know. I have my trust in you." He smiles at Jungkook. "Now let's go out. Mom's waiting." He exits the kitchen and Jungkook wraps everything up.

Thinks about what his dad just said. Is letting it all settle in. There are a few things he needs to think about, true. Love was hard, couldn't deny it. But when it was with you? Everything's just in place. Perfect. Like he belonged.

No hard feelings, could talk to you about anything and you'd listen. Could talk to you all day without being judged. Always felt open to you. It was easy with you. Everything. Every single thing.

Loving you was the easiest thing he's got to do. You were capable of letting anyone fall for you. Insanely, at that. No lies. Got him jealous. But again, you're his and he's yours.

What's difficult right now is Jennie. The one who was waiting for him at the other end. He had this one step to get done with and he knew you were his happy ending. What he didn't know was, how difficult it was going to be.

Jennie was an understanding girl. She was someone with big dreams. Big standards. Always thought she was capable of doing something great in life, with or without him.

And if talking to Jennie goes well, it's solved. What worried him a little was you. Someone willing to do anything for her. For her best friend. At the cost of their relationship. Which, yes, you did already once.

All he knows is that he's got to come with you. Stay by your side. Work it all out. Convince Jennie. Easy. Done.

But he knew hearts were gonna break and mend. Which one they're gonna be was the question. Break or mend. Just one day to go and it was all out.

♡♡♡

And there we go with a new update yay

Also, made this cute edit sksjsdb

Crying

Will come back for the new update soon. Lovessss youu andd see you sooon

Amxnx