The Ripple Effect 2

I sat on the bleachers and watched the football team warm up, or I watched Hunter. No matter what I did my eyes kept falling on him. The way he smiled when he throwed the ball and the the way laughed when Justin caught it. I have been thinking about him a lot lately. I don't know why, I was the one who broke up with him in the first place. He keeps on catching my eye and I hate it. I guess I haven't gotten over him. All the guys started heading towards the locker room, but Justin came straight towards me. "Hey, having fun yet ?" He said and sat down next to me. He was sweaty and smelled like a dog. "Yeah, because watching sweaty high school boys chasing a ball is my idea of fun."I said in my most sarcastic voice. He looked at me and smiled. It looked liked he was leaning in. I hesitated. "Hey,man. Group huddle!" Hunter yelled from the bottom of the bleachers. He stood up and left and I could see the disaprovement in Hunter eyes when he walked away.

The game was at its last stand and we were down by four points. We had the ball and I knew Hunter would score the winning touchdown. They threw him the ball and just when he was about to throw to Justin, a yeti of a guy broke through the wall and tackled Hunter. He got hit so hard that you could hear the impact when he fell to the ground. The entire field was silent. He wasn't moving. He was dead, I was sure of it. The coach ran onto the field and checked his pulse. He lifted his hand in the air and I could only see his thumb. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. Hunter started moving and his teammates helped him up. He looked very and confused. Justin pointed towards the bleachers and Hunter nodded his head. Justin came running towards me and he stopped when he reached my seat. "Quinn, we need you." He said out of breath. He led me out onto the field towards where Hunter was sitting. When we reached him he was holding an ice pack against his head and he stood up as we approached, but he sat down almost immediately. He looked at me and smiled at me for the first time since we broke up." Hey, Q. My head hurts." He said with a vague expression on his face. "I can imagine, you got hit pretty hard." I said and smiled back at him. His white teeth were shining in the moonlight, they were almost blinding. He tapped the spot next to him and I sat down next to him.

We watched the substitute throw the winning touchdown and as Justin caught the ball and ran to the endzone, Hunter held my hand. He leaned his head on my shoulder. I looked at Hunter and I could see the excitement in his eyes. He turned his head to face me and I stared into his baby blue eyes. My eyes shifted to his lips. He noticed, he leaned in closer and kissed me. The world stopped and everything was perfect. He pulled away, my mind raced. I wondered why he kissed me, but I didn't want him to stop. "You're the best girlfriend ever." He whispered in my ear.