"Well shucks. So much for a surprise."

"It's still surprising if I don't know what's playing."

Soda giggles again for the second time that night, causing Steve's stomach to do flips. He already loved the sound. It was one he hoped to pull from Soda more often. 

They eventually arrive at the drive-in, Steve happily paying the entrance fee and finding a good place to park. He looks at Soda once he got the car situated.

"You want any snacks? We can head to the concessions stand," the brunette says. "I'm sire they've got good stuff to eat."

Soda grins widely and he nods. 

"I wanna pay though."

"No way," Steve protests. "I offered to take us out. I wanna pay. It's not any trouble."

Soda huffs. 

"I'm totally paying next time," the blonde responds simply. 

Steve grins, getting out of the car. Soda was quick to do the same, both falling into a stride as they walked to the concessions stand. 

The blonde glances down at Steve's hand as they walk, chewing at his lower lip. He eventually decides to bite the bullet and he sheepishly reaches his hand out. 

The older teen nearly flinches as he felt Soda's hand touch his own, his shoulders tensing. As he realized who it was, he relaxes. Steve slowly grasps Soda's hand in his own, the skin much more soft than he would have thought. 

He sighs gently and he visibly relaxes, their fingers slowly intertwining with one another's. The male was surprised at how nice it felt to hold someone's hand. Warm and comforting, right. Maybe it was just because Soda was his soulmate. 

Soda smiles gently and he continues to walk, more confident than he'd been all day. They make it to the concessions stand, waiting in line patiently. Their hands never parted once during their wait, both far too comfortable to even think about pulling away. 

"What do you want?" Steve asks, looking at his soulmate. 

"A Pepsi and some popcorn sound good," the blonde responds. 

"Pepsi? Wouldn't that be like… cannibalism?"

"Oh ha ha," Soda teases, grinning widely. "Such an original joke."

Steve snickers. 

"I couldn't help myself."

Soda leans his head on Steve's shoulder as the line stops. They were around the same height so it was nearly perfect how easily they slotted together. The brunette gives his hand a squeeze, not daring to move until the line moved forward. 

And eventually they made it. 

"Two Pepsi's and a large popcorn please," Steve says. 

The guy behind the counter simply nods, turning to get what Steve had asked for. It was clear that it was going to be a long night for this guy.  

He pays once they got their snacks, Steve begrudgingly pulls his hand away from Soda's to hold the popcorn. It was a big buckey. He was almost sad that they had to part ways.

Soda lifts his head off of the brunette's shoulder, taking their drinks. They make their way back to the car, getting in and situated with their snacks. He places their drinks in the cup holders before grabbing Steve's hand again. He didn't want to let go.

Steve didn't either.

-

Once the movie was finished up, Steve drove Soda home. He learned quickly that Soda couldn't sit still during a movie. The brunette didn't mind. They spent their time talking instead, learning things about one another. It felt nice.

Steve gets out of the car as he pulls up to Soda's house, walking the blonde up the steps.

"Thanks for taking me out tonight," Soda says gently. "I had a really good time."

The brunette grins widely. He was proud to know that Soda had a good time with him.

"Guess that means we'll have to go out again."

"Yeah."

Soda stares at Steve for a few moments, his eyebrows furrowed. He was thinking. But then he simply leans forward and presses a kiss to Steve's cheek.

The older male's face was quick to heat up, surprised that Soda would kiss him at all, cheek or not. Before he could even say anything, an embarrassed Soda made his way inside, closing the door.

Steve stands there for a couple of seconds before grinning widely.

"See you tomorrow, Soda!"

Written by: -TheFandomLife-