Chapter 10: Drunk And The Mysterious Helper

A/N: okay guys I'm sorry for the short chappies! So I'm gonna try make this one a bit longer :) so I hope you enjoy it! 

------------------

Chapter 10

I eventually got home after about 6 wrong turns. Silly driver. Oh well he's just doing his job. I got out and thanked James (the driver) and went to get my things when he got out and got them out of the boot for me. (Boot is like the trunk of a car. In the UK we call them boots). Once I got inside, I put my suitcases down and looked around the house. Everywhere was wrappers and empty alcohol bottles. Oh god! I looked around everywhere in the house for my dad. No sign of life in the house at all. Oh god where is he?! Please don't say I've lost him after I've just got him back! Please no! I fell to the floor leaning my back against the walls, hugging my legs and just cried into my legs. No this can't be happening! Not now! Not ever! I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Looking through my contacts, I could just make out the name from the tears. I had to ring him. He is the only that could help me! I pressed the call button shakily. 

"Hey Lauren!" 

"Hi." I said sniffling. I'm sure he knew I was crying. 

"Lauren. Are you crying? What's wrong?" 

"I'm sorry for ringing now. It's just that something's happened and I need you."  

"Just stay where you are! I'm coming now!" Then the call ended. Lately I have been on this website called Wattpad.com reading all the fan fictions about the boys. They are all amazing! People are such talented writers! I quickly logged on on my phone and sent a Message to Kat. She instantly messaged me back which made me smile. A few minutes later, he burst through the door. 

"Oh my gosh! Lauren what's wrong?!" He rushed over to me and sat down bringing me into a huge hug.

"It's my dad. When I got back, he wasn't here and there are just empty bottles of alcohol laid everywhere. I'm just worried about him. What if something's happened? For all I know he could be dead!" 

"Shhh! Don't say that!!" 

"I can't help it! What if its true?! There is no way that I could deal with that. Especially after I have just got him back!!" 

"You don't know if its true or not. Just hope." By this time I was crying my eyes out into his shirt. Constantly he was rubbing my arm comforting me. 

"Thank you. For everything. I really appreciate it." 

"Hey, anything you want or need, I'm here for you." 

"Thanks. Seriously thanks so much! You don't realise how much I needed you right now and I can't believe that you would actually come." 

"Hey like I said before, I'm here for you." I gave him a hug then I heard a door bang. I jumped back and saw my dad. 

"Oh so your finally back from that place." 

"Yes I am and dad are you drunk?" 

"No wha... What are you tal.......talking about?"  

"Dad your drunk. Your going to go upstairs and go to bed now." 

"Your not the boss of me! 

"I know I'm not! I'm thinking of what's best for you!!" 

"Just fuck off I'm fine!!" 

"No your not fine! Come on! I'll help you!" 

"I'M FINE! I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP!!" Then he slapped me. I didn't expect that! I held my hand up to my face looking at him shocked and on the verge of tears. 

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?! CAN'T YOU JUST SEE THAT SHE WANTS TO HELP YOU?!?!" By this point he stood In front of me being the protection. 

"Lauren you get some ice and put it on your cheek and go upstairs and go into your bedroom." I followed his orders. By the time I came back to where they were both standing, my dad was laid on the floor. I couldn't tell if he was just asleep or unconscious but either way I was happy that he couldn't hurt me again. That was the first ever time that he had hit me! I can't believe he would ever do that! And i guess he wasn't joking when he said that his life was fucked up! Technically I could get him done for child abuse but then I believe in second chances and I'm just to nice anyway.  

"Don't worry Lauren. He's just asleep. There is a trick to make people sleep. You have to pinch their neck in a certain place which makes them go funny and eventually fall asleep after a few seconds." 

"Oh my gosh thank you so much!!" 

"I better get back." 

"Okay. Well thanks again hehe." 

"No need to keep thanking me." I walked him to the door. He opened it but then turned around and gave me a huge hug.  

"Bye Lauren." 

"Bye. Cya later." I watched him walk down to his car. He drove off then I walked back into the house and shut the door. All of a sudden I heard a groaning sound and turned around. Oh god! He's waking up! I rushed upstairs, ran into my bedroom and locked the door. If I get locked in here for a while I should be okay. I have a food supply, an en-suite bathroom to get clean and an easy way to escape through my window. Oh god. I still can't believe him. Why?! WHY?!

••••••••••••••• 

WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK THE MYSTERY PERSON IS?!  

Okay guys I know this is a bad chapter but I'm trying my best with all the homework and school and everything!  

~Leah xx