Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - The Sorting

Just as the last student, Blaise Zabini, was sorted into a house, and Dumbledore was about to give his speech, the doors to the Great Hall opened to reveal an 11 year old girl, with platinum blonde hair, a long black cloak and school uniform. Despite looking somewhat unremarkable, a cold chill if sheer power echoed around the hall. A few students even shivered. She walked down the aisle, cloak mysteriously billowing, those on the edges could see her almost galaxy eyes.
"Welcome, child, I don't believe I know who you are," Dumbledore said, smiling behind his stand.
"I guess that makes one of us."
"Please, eat a meal with us and I will escort you to my office."
"Hecate Aeternus!" Shouted a voice from the centre of the stage.
"Well, I guess that won't be necessary, Professor. I hear it is a great honour to be called up by the sorting hat."
"I suppose it is," Dumbledore told her, somewhat begrudgingly.

Hecate's POV -
I walked to the sorting hat and Professor McGonagal places it on my head.
"Hello Alastor, it's been a long time," I told it in my head.
"Only about a thousand years. Will you be staying in your old room?"
"I assume it's still there."
"Of course. Do you want to go in Slytherin or Ravenclaw?"
"You choose. I don't particularly care. I'm not here for that."
"What are you here for?"
"Harry Potter is here, correct?"
"Gryffindor."
"Well the next seven years will be nothing but chaos, I assume."
"RAVENCLAW!" It shouts for all to hear.
"It was nice seeing you again, Alastor."
"Goodbye Hecate. See you in another thousand years."
"Maybe."

I sat at my table, most of them looking at me wearily. The new headmaster clears his throat and many turn to face him, but I can still feel eyes on me.
"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
‘Thank you!" He said, and I rolled my eyes. Food appears on the serving plates.
"You could have more respect for him, he is the headmaster and a great wizard," an older student scolded.
"Why should I respect someone just because of another person's opinions?"
She scoffed. "He's only one of the greatest wizards of the our century."
"Says who?"
"Everyone."
"Arguably Voldemort is one of the greatest wizards of our century. Sure, he's a bad person, but he's a great wizard."
"But..."
"Come back to me when you have an argument," I tell her, before taking the last chicken kyev she was clearly reaching for.

After the feast, I followed my house to the Ravenclaw dorms, but Dumbledore stopped on the way.
"Anyway we could have a chat in my office?" He asked me, "I will make sure you get to your dorm safely."
"There will be no need for that, Professor. But I will come with you to your office."
I followed him to the office in silence. The first thing he told me was, "please, take a seat." I remained standing as he sat behind his desk.
"Your name is Hecate, correct?"
"After the Greek goddess of magic herself. "
"Well, Hecate, how did you get through the wards at such a young age?"
"I guess Lady Hogwarts just let me in."
"You shouldn't be here."
"Shouldn't I?"
"You were not sent a Hogwarts acceptance letter. "
"However, I was still sorted, so am therefore a Hogwarts student."
"Yes. Now, I have an offer for you."
"What?"
"I think everyone felt the power you had when you walked into that room. I will, along with other Hogwarts teachers, give you private lessons on how to harness that power. We could make you the greatest magic caster since Merlin."
"But."
"And you would join us if the time ever came that we had to fight evils again."
"No."
"What?"
"No. I will not be your weapon."
"I don't think you understand, dear..."
"First off, I am not dear. Second, I don't fight because someone told me they were bad. I particularly don't trust your opinion, Albus. You play on people's naivity, and they die. So no, I will not join you."
I walked away from him, enveloping myself in shadow and travelling to to the  dungeons. The proper dungeons, not the Slytherin dorms ir potions rooms, but the dark, grimy cells. I walked to one of them, touched a spiral of patterns, and focused a little magic there, turning it to the right and unlocking a small passageway, which I walk through, lighting the flames as I walk past, the door locking behind me. The passageway opened into a homey, almost cavern with a wall of the lake. I let myself sigh and relax. Everything was like I left it, maybe a little tidier. I lit the fire and lay on my bed, mentally preparing myself for the following seven years with Dumbledore, but also glad to be back to the first place I ever called home.

AN- I will not be updating regularly, and anyone who has read some of my other works will know I will stop updating for months at a time, but oh well. As said in the description, I will not be writing a continuous story, and will probably be jumping from book to book, and reordering them later (if I can.)